Whether you’re holidaying alone or travelling for business, it can be hard to know what to cook for just one person in self-catering accommodation. To help you out, we’ve included below three quick and easy recipes which are all perfect for a solo meal. None of the recipes take longer than 20 minutes and they’re all super tasty- you need never stress about making a meal for one again!
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry with Peanuts
Time to make: 15 minutes Recipe via: delish.com
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ jalepeño
- 110g snow peas
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat oil over a medium temperature and fry the chicken for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add the garlic, peas, jalapeño and 2 tbsp water and cook for 3 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir in lime juice and peanuts.
Bean and red pepper burritos
Time to make: 13 minutes Recipe via: allrecipes.co.uk
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¼ red pepper, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic, chopped
- 200g pinto beans
- ½ jalepeño, chopped
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oven to 180C, wrap tortilla in tin foil and place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium temperature. Add red pepper, onion, jalapeño and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, stirring occasionally for a further 3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and salt. Cook for 2 minutes then add coriander.
- Serve by spooning mixture down the centre of the tortilla and then roll up.
Salami and courgette flatbread
Time to make: 17 minutes Recipe via: bbcgoodfood.com
- 1 flatbread or Mediterranean wrap
- 1 courgette, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Pinch of dried oregano
- 2 tbsp chilli and tomato pasta sauce
- 2 slices of salami
- 25g emmental cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan and place griddle pan over high heat. In a bowl, toss courgette, olive oil, oregano and salt. Cook courgette slices on griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet and spread pasta sauce evenly. Scatter courgette, salami and cheese on top. Toppings can be changed to suit your preferences!
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is crisp.