On the 6th and 7th of June, the Lake District gets ready to welcome a crowd of nearly 6,000 beer enthusiasts to the 18th annual Keswick Beer Festival! This year’s sold out festival is expected to be the best yet with live entertainment, delicious food and of course a wonderful selection of local and national beers.
If you missed out on a pair of passes to this year’s sold out event then don’t worry, as here at Sykes Cottages, we’ve managed to get our hands on a pair of passes for each day of the festival and we want to share them with you. All you need to do is tell us know the name of the famous person you’d most like to go for a beer with and you could be in with a chance of winning passes to this prestigious event!
How to Enter
Twitter: To enter through twitter you must first be following Sykes Cottages (@SykesCottages). Once you’re following our account, you simply need to tweet us the name of your favourite famous person along with the hashtag #BeerBuddy and your name will be automatically entered into the competition.
Facebook: If you’d like to enter through Facebook, you must be following the Sykes Cottages Page. Once you’ve followed our page, you then need to comment on the Beer Buddy Competition post with the name of your chosen beer buddy – it’s as simple as that!
Terms and Conditions
As with any competition, we do have a few terms and conditions which you must agree to before entering. Please take the time to read though our terms and conditions below before submitting your entry.
- All entrants MUST be over the age of 18 at the time of entering and be a resident of Great Britain; proof of identity and age may be required. Failure to comply with these rules will lead to the entry being disqualified.
- The promoter and host of this competition is Sykes Cottages and can be reached via email at email@example.com
- The competition is not open to employees of Sykes Cottages or any agencies or group companies related to Sykes Cottages.
- Using a false name or address for this competition will lead to the entry being disqualified.
- Entry to the competition can be obtained through Facebook or Twitter
- All Twitter entrants must follow @sykescottages and include our handle @sykescottages and the competition hashtag ‘#BeerBuddy’ in their tweet. Eg. “I would like to go for a beer with Tom Cruise! @SykesCottages #BeerBudy”
- All Facebook entrants much follow the Sykes Cottages Facebook Page and comment on the Beer Buddy Competition post.
- Only one entry per person per platform, (eg you can enter once on Facebook and once on Twitter) multiple entries will not be counted.
- Entries made using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be disqualified.
- There will be two winners; one who will win two tickets to attend the festival on Friday the 6th June 2014 and one who will win two tickets to attend the festival on Saturday the 7th. The date of the tickets that the winners receive will be chosen at random by the Sykes Cottages judging panel, and the final decision is non-negotiable.
- The competition is for tickets only and will not include any travel or accommodation. Entrants must be able to travel to Keswick on the dates of the festival.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative available.
- The tickets will be sent via post, and Sykes Cottages or The Keswick Beer Festival do not claim responsibility for tickets damaged in the post.
- Competition opens at 12 noon GMT on the 21st of May 2014.
- Competition closes at midnight GMT on the 26th May 2014, any entries sent after this time will be disqualified.
- The winners of the competition will be chosen by a panel of judges at Sykes Cottages and this decision is final.
- The winners will be chosen and notified on May 27th.
- Winners must contact Sykes Cottages within 24 hours of being announced due to the time restraints of the prize. If we have not heard from the winner within those 24 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- Once we have heard back from the winners we will then post their names on the Sykes Cottages facebook and twitter account.
- Winners MUST drink responsibly. Sykes Cottages and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with the competition. Except for liability that cannot be lawfully excluded in which case that liability will be the minimum allowable by law.
- Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address; Sykes Cottages, Lime Tree House, Hoole Lane, Chester, Cheshire, CH2 3EG
- The winner may be required for promotional activities and by entering the competition accepts that their name may be provided or published as per the terms and conditions.
Data protection and privacy
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent (other than the winning entry). Data relating to entrants will be retained by the Promoter and Competition host for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist in operating competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- Information provided to enter the competition may be used, shared or published or used for publicity in a digital format and includes your name, your location and/or profile picture.
- By providing the Competition host with your personal data you consent to the Competition host sending you marketing emails.
- If an Entrant does not wish for their personal information to be used for marketing purposes, a request to remove consent for personal information to be used for marketing purposes should be submitted in writing to the Competition host.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter or the Competition host for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Promoter and Competition host accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- The entrant completely releases Facebook from any involvement in this competition.
- The competition is not sponsored, associated, organised, endorsed or administered in any way by Facebook.
- Information provided as part of the competition is not provided to Facebook.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.
All Done? Then what are you waiting for? Head over to our Twitter and Facebook page now for your chance to win tickets to the sold out Keswick Beer Festival!
As a food lover Nicole can often be found in the kitchen, covered in flour and experimenting with new tastes! When not making a mess she loves to explore her Celtic roots by roaming the Scottish countryside or exploring the bays along the Anglesey coast with her fiancé.