We recently conducted a survey to find out people’s opinion of Scotland as a holiday destination. We were shocked to find that only 5% of the 2,390 people asked would consider taking a romantic holiday or honeymoon in Scotland! We know from personal experience that Scotland is a fantastic destination for lovers and even wrote a romantic guide to Edinburgh but now it’s your turn!
To help convince our readers to take a romantic break in Scotland, and for your chance to win £350.00 worth of Sykes Cottages vouchers, we’re asking you to write a blog post all about Scotland telling us why you think this northern destination is romantic. All you need to do to enter our fabulous competition is follow this five step guide…
How to enter
- Write a blog post telling us why you think Scotland is romantic. This can include information on Scotland’s history, attractions, landscape or even your personal experiences in the country.
- Include instructions on how to enter the competition at the end of your post so your readers can join in too. These instructions can be in your own words or you could include a link back to this post.
- Nominate three blogs to take part in our Romantic Scotland competition either at the end of your blog or through twitter (if nominating through twitter please use the hashtag #RomanticScotland).
- Follow @SykesCottages on twitter and tweet us using the hashtag #RomanticScotland to inform us of your entry. Eg “Hi @SykesCottages I have just entered your #RomanticScotland competition”
- You will receive an acknowledgement tweet within one working day of your submission.
The competition closes on August 10th so make sure to get your entry in before this date! We will be announcing the winners on August 15th and will be in contact with them shortly after regarding their prize.
Bellow you will find terms and conditions for the Romantic Scotland competition and we ask that you read them carefully before entering. Once you have read the terms and conditions you’ll be ready to start writing so good luck, we can’t wait to hear all about your romantic Scotland!
Terms & Conditions
- This competition is open to any blogger aged 18 and over.
- The competition is not open to employees of Sykes Cottages or any agencies or group companies related to Sykes Cottages.
- The promoter and Host of this competition is Sykes Cottages and can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using a false name or address for this competition will lead to the entry being disqualified.
- Entry to the competition can be obtained through entrants personal blog and Twitter
- All entrants must follow @sykescottages and include our handle @sykescottages and the competition hashtag ‘#RomanticScotland’ in their tweet. Eg. “Hi @sykescottages I have just entered your #RomanticScotland competition”
- All entries will be acknowledged by a tweet within one working day of their submission.
- All entrants must include instructions on how to enter the competition, or a link to instructions, at the end of their blog post. Eg. “If you would like to enter Sykes Cottages competition to win £350.00 worth of Sykes Cottages vouchers then simply follow this 5 Step Guide…”
- All entrants must nominate three blogs to take part in the competition: this can be done through their blog post or on twitter. Twitter nominations must include the #RomanticScotland.
- Only one entry per blog, multiple entries will not be counted.
- Entries made using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be disqualified.
- The winner will receive £350.00 of Sykes Cottages vouchers.
- The competition is for vouchers worth £350.00 only and will not include any travel to and from the accommodation chosen.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative available.
- The vouchers will be added to the winners Sykes cottages account and are to be used within two years of the issue date. If the winner does not have a Sykes Cottages account one will be created for them.
- Competition opens on the 16th of July 2014.
- Competition closes at midnight GMT on the 10th August 2014, any entries sent after this time won’t be counted.
- The winner of the competition will be chosen by a panel of judges at Sykes Cottages and this decision is final.
- The winner will be chosen and notified on the 15th August 2014.
- Once we have heard back from the winners we will then post their names on the Sykes Cottages Facebook and Twitter account.
- Details of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Sykes Cottages, Lime Tree House, Hoole Lane, Chester, Cheshire, CH2 3EG
- The winner may be required for promotional activities and by entering the competition accepts that their name may be provided or published as per the terms and conditions.
Data protection and privacy
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent (other than the winning entry). Data relating to entrants will be retained by the Promoter and Competition host for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist in operating competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- Information provided to enter the competition may be used, shared or published or used for publicity in a digital format and includes your name, your location and/or profile picture.
- By providing the Competition host with your personal data you consent to the Competition host sending you marketing emails.
- If an Entrant does not wish for their personal information to be used for marketing purposes, a request to remove consent for personal information to be used for marketing purposes should be submitted in writing to the Competition host.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter or the Competition host for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the Promoter in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Promoter and Competition host accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- The entrant completely releases Facebook from any involvement in this competition.
- The competition is not sponsored, associated, organised, endorsed or administered in any way by Facebook.
- Information provided as part of the competition is not provided to Facebook.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.