Despite frequently appearing in ‘top romantic places’ polls, we were surprised when our recent survey returned results that only 5% of respondents would head to Scotland for a romantic getaway. Assuming that we weren’t the only ones surprised by these results, we created our Romantic Scotland competition to get some back up from knowledgeable bloggers who were more than happy to share their stories on why the home of Nessie is ideal for love birds. Read on to discover some of their reasons why they think Scotland is a perfect romantic destination, and take a look at their blogs to see their full stories of Scottish romance!
Ten Reasons Scotland is Perfect For a Romantic Getaway
- Sarah from Done Gallivanting agrees that 95% of survey respondents are missing out by not visiting Scotland for a romantic break. Herself and her fiancé have travelled the length and breadth of Scotland and she suggests that you ‘write your own map of memories’ just like herself and her fiancé have.
- Alison of Dragons and Fairy Dust agrees that Scotland is the perfect place for a romantic stay or a wedding due to the stunning houses, gorgeous food, fabulous tradition and scenery.
- Susan from Mess in The ‘Ness thinks that Scotland is ideal for any and all couples, due to the variety of things to see and do across the country. Whether you fancy tackling the crowds in a city or heading to a remote location where you can feel like you are the only people on earth.
- Emily from Under The Scottish Rain tells us about why she thinks Aberdeen is ideal for romance and suggests walks through the sparkling city centre whilst the sun shines or along the golden sands of the beach.
- There is a list over on I Heart Travel about what makes Scotland an ideal romantic destination in each season. Head for a city break in spring, have lazy days on the beach in summer, head to country parks on crisp autumn days and snuggle in front of a log fire in the winter.
- Hooey from Cornish Life shares why she is happy to travel for ten hours to visit Scotland from her home in Cornwall and says that it is the ideal location for getting away from it all and spending quality time together.
- Hannah from Hannah’s Helping Hand says what she loves about Scotland is how she feels she is being drawn into her very own novel and the perfect setting for her own mini-break version of Pride and Prejudice.
- Bel from Journeys Are My Diary says that the beautiful scenery of lochs, forests and glens made her fall in love with Scotland itself.
- Angeline from Daft Mamma tells us about her most romantic getaway in Achiltibuie, in which she loved her cosy cottage accommodation and closeness to the beautiful beach.
- Rachel from Tea & Tales shares her top five reasons why she thinks that Scotland is perfect for romance: the beautiful city of Edinburgh that is steeped in history, the private beaches, the stunning scenery, the wildlife and the chance to stay cosy.
Here are just some of the reasons why these bloggers think that Scotland is romantic, but why not book a romantic holiday cottage and find out for yourself? Whether you want a late summer getaway or a cosy winter retreat, there is still time to discover all that Scotland has to offer in 2014 and beyond!