Gin may have first been made in Holland, but it will always be associated with Britain. For four centuries,...
Happy St. Patrick’s day from the team here at Sykes Cottages! In honour of this spirited day we have compiled a list of the top 10 reasons you should visit Ireland in 2014
1.Top of our list is the world famous Guinness which has been brewed on the Emerald Isle for over 250 years!
2. As well as this famed Irish stout, Ireland is known for its delectable seafood which is showcased in all its fishy glory at the Galway International Oyster and Seafood Festival.
3. Whilst chowing down, take a look around and you’re are sure to see just how beautiful Ireland is- from its unforgettable hills and lakes…
4. …to its wild and majestic oceans.
5. And although the Irish weather has a bad reputation we know that when the sun shines, it is truly glorious.
6. If you’re a keen fisher then Ireland is the place for you as this angling paradise has some of the world’s best fishing spots.
7. And it’s the perfect place to practise your swing… FORE!
8. The Irish culture is so rich that you’re never far from the local legends
9. And with many famous songs and dances it’s no wonder the county has a lively reputation.
10. But let’s not forget, the main reason to visit Ireland is simply to hang out with the Irish! The locals are incredibly welcoming, and always willing to share the craic!
But don’t just take our word for it; get yourself over to Ireland for an extraordinary holiday which is sure to leave you with life long memories. Whilst you’re there why not stay at one of our Irish holiday cottages? From the most animated towns to the peaceful Irish countryside our cottages can be found throughout the Republic of Ireland, so there is something for everyone!