- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Rhosneigr 4 miles.
A lovely 150-year old, stone-built cottage, in a pretty, countryside setting just 4 miles from the popular seaside town of Rhosneigr on the Isle of Anglesey.
Situated in a wonderfully peaceful location with glorious views over the surrounding countryside, this charming Rhosneigr cottage is decorated and furnished in a traditional style, and offers a warm and welcoming base from which to explore the local area.
This cottage near to Rhosneigr has a cosy sitting room with a woodburner, exposed ceiling beams, a well-equipped kitchen with dining area and views onto the pretty garden.
Four bedrooms provide sleeping for six guests plus there is also a summer room affording a quiet reading area and a children's play room, where they can enjoy themselves as you relax after a busy day exploring Anglesey.
Outside, the cottage garden offers numerous sheltered seating areas on the patio and the lawn whilst the external games room has table tennis, darts and a variety of outdoor toys, or can be utilised for bike, kayak or jet ski storage.
A haven for walkers and cyclists, the surrounding countryside offers countless footpaths and a cycle route passing the front door.
This delightful Rhosneigr cottage, with its peaceful location and its proximity to both coast and countryside, provides an ideal base for an enjoyable and relaxing break on the beautiful Isle of Anglesey.
All ground floor. Four bedrooms: 1 x double with TV, 1 x twin, 2 x single. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. External basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner. Summer room. Study/children's play room. External utility. External games room with table tennis.
- LPG central heating with woodburner in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer and washing machine in utility, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, radio/CD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Travel cot and highchair
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 3 cars
- Enclosed rear lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Separate patio area with 2' drop
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2.5 miles
- Beach 4 miles
- Note: Although all ground floor, there are single steps inside this cottage
- Note: Garden has terraced patio area with an unfenced 2' drop, however, main enclosed garden is fenced with no drop, and the two areas are separated by a gate.
- Last minute
- “Quiet and Peaceful Holiday”
- “Everything was lovely. Fully quipped. Wonderful Surroundings,but found alternative Road down the lane to the Cottage, which was better than suggested one.”
- “MInffordd is ideal for our three generation family holiday get together. It is well equipped for all ages, invitingly furnished while being practical. We hope for many further holidays at Minffordd.”
- “Minnffordd is a great cottage in a good location, nice and quiet. Minffordd was clean and comfortable. We will probably stay there again if we come back to Anglesey.”
- “Great location, very quiet, very homely with plenty of parking spaces. Great cottage.”
- “An old cottage but very interesting, the garden was lovely and peaceful. Everything was thought of, especially for children of all ages - the games room was a great idea.”
- “The cottage was in a superb location for visiting all of the island. The sun room and games room were brilliant for rainy days and the owners have thought of everything that holiday makers could wish for including a windbreak for the beach. This is the best equipped holiday house we have ever stayed in.”
- “A spacious and clean cottage which was very well equipped. The super games room and playroom were much appreciated, very child friendly overall.”
- “The location is perfect for a lovely peaceful holiday but at the same time it is easy to get to other areas of Anglesey and main land North Wales. Minffordd itself is a very well presented and equipped cottage - the games room is a particular hit and the sun room is perfect to enjoy a quiet read. The bathroom is a good size with a wonderful shower and although we didn't need them, the owner has thoughtfully included a selection of toys/games for younger children in the playroom. Anglesey is a beautiful island and we were very lucky with the weather - even enjoying a day on the beach at Newborough -which must be on anyone's list of places to go on Anglesey. A REALLY enjoyable week and lovely property.”
- “We had a wonderful holiday. Peaceful location, lovely to be surrounded by fields, beaches glorious and enjoyed the games room. A great place to recharge your batteries!”
- “Enclosed garden, safe for children to play. Lovely area with good beaches and places to visit.”
- “It was peaceful and the location was great. The cottage was homely and comfy and equipped with everything we needed. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was great, with a great power shower. It was not too far away from amenities and beaches. The games room and toy room were very good for our grandchildren and gave them hours of entertainment. we will definately reccommend the cottage to our friends and family.”
- “My family enjoyed a very comfortable 5 nights at Minffordd. The kitchen was very well equipped and had lots of crockery, glasses, pot pans and all that could be expected and much more. The bedrooms were cosy and the bed fresh clean and comfortable. The bathroom is large and although the décor is a little old everything worked perfectly. Great shower. The sitting room lounge is very cosy and the log burning stove is an excellent feature. The games room was well equipped with table tennis dart board. The outside is well appointed and the sense of space is most relaxing. There is an outside utility room with washing machine. We have rented many holiday homes in the UK and abroad and I would say this is the most thoughtfully equipped. We visited over Christmas and even though the storms raged outside we were cosy as could be. Plenty of off road parking. One big plus is that with the play room and the games room your holiday in Anglesey is pretty much weather proof. Big plus on an island.”
About the location
Llangefni 12 miles; Trearddur Bay 12 miles; Holyhead 13 miles.
The popular seaside village of Rhosneigr is situated on the beautiful west coast of Anglesey, famous for its spectacular cliffs and magnificent sandy beaches. The village has a varied history including a 6th century church, tales of smugglers, famous off-shore shipwrecks and from the Edwardian era it has been a fashionable holiday destination. Today it is known for its magnificent beaches and renowned watersports, providing some of the best windsurfing and kitesurfing in the UK, with tuition available in the village. Activities include fishing, sailing, sand yachting, wreck diving, golf and hours of family fun on the enormous sandy beaches. There are several pubs, restaurants and shops in the village, with the market towns of Llangefni and Holyhead (starting point for day-trips to Dublin), and the City of Bangor within easy travelling distance. On the island you will find Pili Palas Butterfly Farm, Anglesey Sea Zoo and Beaumaris Castle. Boat trips around Puffin Island offer the chance to see nesting puffins and guillemots, or cross to the mainland and enjoy Victorian Llandudno’s shopping, restaurants and dry-ski slope, Snowdonia mountains and the beaches of the Lleyn Peninsula.