- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightfully spacious cottage, forming the end part of a large house which has been converted into a number of apartments, located very close to the banks of the Menai Straits, on the outskirts of the village of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll on the popular Isle of Anglesey.
This quality Anglesey cottage, which is part of the old rectory to St.
Mary's and St.
Tysilio churches which form part of the town's name, is situated less than one mile from the railway station at Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, down a secluded lane.
Accessed through electronic gates, the sweeping drive leads up to this large Llanfair PG cottage, which has been tastefully decorated and furnished throughout, and boasts wonderful views over the Menai Straits and towards Snowdon.
Your Anglesey holiday home offers superb living accommodation with high ceilings and mosaic tiled hallway, plus the light and airy sitting room has a cosy woodburning stove, a social dining area and patio doors that lead onto the pretty garden.
A well-equipped kitchen and three comfortable bedrooms, one benefiting from an en-suite bathroom and balcony offering stunning views along the straits, complete the accommodation at this cottage on Anglesey.
This Llanfairpwllgwyngyll cottage has ample private parking, a lawned area and patio with furniture on which you can enjoy the changing views of the sea, and a path leads down to the straits where you can barbecue in peace and quiet whilst relaxing and listening to the water lapping against the shore.
The Anglesey Coastal Path passes by this Llanfair PG cottage and opens up miles of unspoilt tracks and beaches, allowing access to Menai Bridge and the village.
This charming Llanfairpwllgwyngyll cottage is a perfect getaway for families, at any time of year.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double (one with en-suite shower, basin, WC and balcony), 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- LPG central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric range cooker with gas 8-ring hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs (one with Freeview, one for DVDs), DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own beach towels
- Cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Off road parking for 4 cars/boats
- Bike storage
- Front lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 6 mins walk, pub 3 mins walk
- Note: Reduced height on landing stairs
- Note: Electric pylons within view to rear
- Note: The owner occasionally stays at the property with her own dog
- Note: A path from the property leads directly to the Menai Straits, children to be supervised
- Note: There is an occupied apartment situated above the rear of this property
- Last minute
- “Great place to stay and perfect location.”
- “We had a fantastic but all too short stay at Menai View. The view from the lounge and bedrooms over the Menai Straits is unbeatable. Quality of furnishings and general house is of the highest order. Lanfair PG is a perfect location to explore Anglesey and Snowdonia, with all the main sights in driving distance. If you don't feel like moving too far, you can walk along the beach just a stones through from your front door. Great restaurants in Menai Bridge and Beaumaris if you fancy a night out (check out Dylan's in Menai Bridge). If you can get Menai View for a good price, stop looking and book.”
- “We found Menai View to be very spacious comfortable accommodation with ample parking and gardens. The location is central for exploring Anglesey and North Wales.”
- “A lovely property in beautiful setting with views of Snowdon. A great location for exploring North Wales and Anglesey.”
- “The location, was perfect for what we wanted i.e bird watching, walking and fishing”
- “The house was spacious, uncluttered and a very relaxing location with stunning views. It was conveniently situated and ideally suited our requirements with lovely walks, clear information provided and a very helpful owner.”
- “This cottage is fantastic, lovely, clean and welcoming. So much to do and see. The views are beautiful. We have had such a lovely relaxing holiday. We are looking forward to coming to this cottage again.”
- “Great property and the view lovely.”
About the location
Menai Bridge 2 miles; Beaumaris 6 miles.
Affectionately known by the locals as Llanfair PG, the Anglesey village of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrnd robwllllantysiliogogogoch, also known by its shortened name of Llanfairpwllgwyngyll has the longest place name in Europe. It was artificially named back in 1860 as a publicity stunt for the railway station and translates from Welsh as "St Mary's church in the hollow of the white hazel near to the fierce whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio of the red cave". Situated close to the Menai Straits, just off the Britannia Bridge, Llanfair PG has much to offer families. After having your photo taken next to the village nameplate at the railway station, head into the popular visitors centre for local tourist information. A short walk past the octagonal Toll House, towards Menai Bridge, will bring you to the Marquis of Anglesey statue and column which, for a small fee, you can climb the 115 steps to the top for superb views of the countryside and coastline. Nelson’s Monument can be easily reached on the banks of Menai Straits, passing St Mary’s Church on the way. With several good pubs with restaurants, craft and gift shops and cafes, plus the beautiful Anglesey coastline within walking distance, there is plenty to entertain you all year round.