- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Broadband / WiFi
Malltraeth 3 miles.
A delightful, semi-detached farmhouse, situated in rural surroundings, in the scattered hamlet of Paradwys, three miles from Malltraeth and the Anglesey coastline.
Adjoining the owners’ home and fully-modernised, whilst retaining character and charm, this quality property is well equipped throughout, providing the perfect base for a family holiday.
This Malltraeth cottage boasts a modern country kitchen with beech block worktop and Belfast sink, a pretty, chic dining room, and a spacious and welcoming sitting room with a woodburner, pool table and Wii games console.
There are three stylish bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room and two benefiting from an interconnecting door if required.
There are pretty gardens surrounding this Malltraeth cottage and superb rural views from most windows, with many doorstep walks and cycle tracks available if you so desire.
This Maltraeth cottage is in a Site of Special Scientific Interest, making it a fantastic location for birdwatching and wildlife or for exploring the delights of Anglesey with its miles of unspoilt coastline and beautiful inland countryside at any time of year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double, 1 x king-size double with adjoining door to 1 x twin with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with pool table and woodburner.
Oil central heating with woodburner. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, 4 x TVs with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, Wii with games, selection of books, games and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent, logs on honesty box basis. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Bike storage on request. Shared front lawned garden, rear lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 3 miles. Note: Fishing and shooting, as well as catering options on request at an additional charge. Contact the owner for more details. Note: There is an interconnecting door between the king-size double and the twin. Note: There is an interconnecting door between the holiday accommodation and the owner's home which will remain bolted shut.
- Last minute
- “Beautiful Country Cottage”
- “We booked for 7 nights as a family to support my brother completing the Sandman Triathlon. This cottage is beautifully decorated, the owners kindly left us a dozen farm eggs, a bottle of wine and some bara brith. There is also a bucket of coal, some kindling and logs left to have a fire. The male owner was really lovely and friendly...we didn't meet the female owner. My wife and I stayed in the superking bedroom...WOW!! i don't think i have ever slept so well, the bedlinen, pillows and duvet were such good quality and the furniture in the entire house was lush!! the king and twin room are linked with a small bathroom (toilet, sink and shower) joined to the twin room. The main bathroom has a fabulous deep bath...take bubble bath!! The only suggestion i have is that some local info is provided such as where the nearest supermarket is, pubs, restaurants etc. We ended up going to Holyhead to TESCO but later found an ASDA in Llangefni. This place is gorgeous and if we ever need to stay in Anglesey again we would DEF book here!”
- “we had a great time, went with my wife and daughter for a five day family break. The couple who own the place are very hospitable and lovely . we were welcomed at the entrance of the property, it was very well kept. all the needs met. everything that we could think of. very thoughtfully done up. would def recommend . We look forward to going back.”
- “The perfect getaway”
- “I wish we could have stayed 5 days instead of 4. The journey to Rhos Y Bel was beautiful as are the entire surroundings. The house is secluded and within a short distance (under 5 miles) of sandy beaches, supermarkets, pubs, restaurants and takeaways with are located in Llangefni. It is only a short distance (under 30 minutes drive) to the beautiful town of Caernarfon which has a host of pubs, restaurants and shops. The house was incredible inside and out with beautiful small gardens in the front and back (the photos do not do it justice). The owners, Mr Yates and Mrs Palmer were very welcoming and accommodating. They have paid attention to detail in terms of decor and facilities provided with some essentials (tea, coffee, sugar...) provided on arrival as well as a welcome basket with a nice bottle of wine and cake. In short, you would be a fool not to stay here.”
- “Cottage was stunning! Pictures don't do it justice, lounge and front bedroom huge! The finishing touches were amazing, just made it feel really homely. The pool table is a genius idea and was very popular with all of us. Would definitely go back and would definitely recommend. Sykes come up trumps again, I wouldn't even look anywhere else now.”
- “A beautiful cottage with a very accommodating owner.”
- “The cottage is beautiful. The décor and furnishings are attractive and everything is very comfortable and done to a high standard. My boys especially loved the pool table! The perfect place to relax. We will be back.”
- “The owners were very friendly and the property was stunning and in a lovely quiet location, excellent as a base to travel around the island. The Pool table was a massive hit with my boys who had endless fun. It is a lovely place to relax and so comfy.”
- “A beautiful, comfortable and well furnished property in a tranquil rural setting. We loved the property, the location, the pool table in the living room and how easy it was to access main routes to travel all over the island. The owners were very friendly and offered excellent recommendations for places to visit and restaurants to eat at.”
- “A lovely, peaceful location, yet with easy access to other areas. It was a super cottage with quality furnishings, good heating, and friendly helpful owners. Had a sunny patio for evenings sitting out with a bottle (or two!) of wine. Would definitely stay again & recommend. It was one of the nicest cottages we have rented in over 30 years of visiting the beautiful Isle of Anglesey.”
- “A great cottage in a lovely quiet location on a country lane. It was very clean and comfortable with lots of attention to detail, felt very homely and calm.”
- “Amazing cottage with detail to perfection, a five star cottage. I would recommend this cottage to everyone, weather a family or a couple.”
- “The cottage was very homely, a lot of thought had gone into the property. There were games and books left for both children and adults and there were plenty of DVD's. The owners were very friendly and helpful. We will be returning.”
- “Liked the condition and standard of the furnishings, decoration and facilities. The best we have ever stayed in!”
- “The cottage is excellent, it is kept to such a high standard. The owners are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The area is beautiful and we had a lovely New Years break with friends.”
- “Cottage was lovely and the owners were very helpful and friendly.”
About the location
Newborough 2 miles; Rhosneigr 8 miles.
The small village of Malltraeth lies in the south west corner of Anglesey, at the head of the long inlet formed by the Cefni Estuary and close to the popular Newborough Forest and Warren sand dunes. Malltraeth Pool and the magnificent sweep of marshes and sand dunes, which stretch south to Llanddwyn Island, are all part of a National Nature Reserve. The whole area is renowned for its birdlife and Malltraeth was once home to the famous wildlife artist Charles F Tunnicliffe. There are wonderful forest and coastal walks from the village, which has two pubs, a cafe serving afternoon tea and a chip shop (also selling basic items/newspapers etc). Close by are beautiful beaches at Llanddwyn (reputedly the 4th best in Britain), Aberffraw, and Rhosneigr, which is renowned for its all year round watersports facilities.