- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This delightful, detached Newborough cottage is situated in the centre of the village, just a short walk from Newborough Forest, with its numerous walking tracks and cycling trails, on the south coast of Anglesey.
Completely renovated, this Newborough cottage feels warm and welcoming as soon as you enter.
An archway from the stylish dining room leads through into the rear sitting room, which not only offers a woodburner but also stunning views over fields to the Menai Straits and the Snowdon mountain range in the distance.
Upstairs in this Newborough cottage there are three bedrooms, with a king-size double, a twin and an adult bunk bedroom providing flexible accommodation to suit everyone.
Outside, there is a drying room, ideal for walkers at this Newborough cottage, as well as a large rear garden with patio, lawn area, and furniture from which to sit and watch the changing colours of the spectacular Snowdonia mountains as the sun goes down.
There is a local village pub and shop within 2 minutes' walk of this cottage in Newborough, and the fantastic beaches at Llanddwyn and Malltraeth offer superb watersports and are very popular for kitesurfing, body boarding and kayaking.
This is a superb Newborough cottage from which to explore the delights of Anglesey and North Wales, with friends and family throughout the year.
Three bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Well-equipped kitchen. Dining room with electric fire. Sitting room with woodburner.
Oil central heating with woodburner in sitting room and electric fire in dining room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot, highchair and stairgate available. Off road parking for 3 cars. Front and rear enclosed lawns with garden furniture and BBQ. Storage for bikes. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pub 2 mins walk. Beach 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Just lovely”
- “An immaculate cottage with a perfect view across the Mena Straits to Caernarvon and Snowdon. The rooms are very clean and well apointed, the kitchen is well equipped and the sitting and dining rooms are very comfortable (watch the small step between them, though. Only one minor quibble - if there were room to put in a second toilet, it would make it even better. There are also two outstanding restaurants in the area - Marram Grass in Newborough and The Outbuildings in Llangafgo, though Trip Advisor has it in Mena Bridge.”
- “Absolutely amazing, so peaceful, yet local to amenities.”
- “The property, and the very thoughtful touches within far exceeded expectations. Spotlessly clean with a very home from home feeling, helped us to settle in quickly. The owners were extremely helpful, providing all we could have needed (the added touch of a variety of board games were enjoyed by all). We had the most amazing family holiday with plenty to do for 3 young boys. The property is ideally situated between several beaches and the fantastic Newborough nature reserve. We would definately want to rent this property again.”
- “Thoroughly enjoyed staying at this property and will definitely be going again. The house was very well maintained and was in a very quiet village, but also just a short drive away from the beach. There was plenty to keep the little one occupied, despite the weather not being very good during the weekend.”
- “The cottage was quiet, clean and to a good standard. The rear garden with views across to Snowdonia was stunning. The area we were staying had many interesting places to visit.”
- “Beautiful garden and views and the property was only a ten minute drive from the most amazing beaches.”
- “A great house in a great location.”
- “We liked everything! The property was well equipped with everything we could possibly need. The added touches such as board games were really appreciated by our children. The gardens are completely enclosed making this property perfect for families with young children. The owners are very helpful and as seen in the comments book provided in the cottage take seriously the opinions of their clients and act upon their suggestions and requests. This is one of the nicest properties we've stayed in, a real home from home.”
- “The views from the cottage were amazing. It was also spotlessly clean and very comfortable.”
- “The location was excellent and the nearby area beautiful, one of the best beaches we've ever been to and there was hardly a soul to be seen! We were particularly impressed with the way the kitchen was stocked - it had everything we needed and was clean and tidy. The house in general was very comfortable and well looked after.”
About the location
Bangor 9 miles.
The small village of Newborough lies on the edge of forests and dunes at the south west corner of Anglesey. Close by is Llanddwyn Bay, renowned as one of the finest beaches in Britain, ideal for swimming, canoeing, beachcombing and birdwatching or just relaxing! Behind the beach, the 1500 acre sand dune system of Newborough Warren is home to skylarks, meadow pipits and oyster catchers as well as toads and lizards and is protected as a National Nature Reserve. The famous Anglesey Model Village, set in one acre of beautifully landscaped gardens, is within half a mile of the village centre and makes a fun day out for the whole family, and Anglesey Sea Zoo is only a short drive away.