- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This lovely detached Anglesey cottage is in a rural seaside location in Church Bay, 2 minutes' walk from the beautiful Church Bay Blue Flag sandy beach, renowned for safe, family fun, excellent kayaking, fishing and birdwatching. Renovated to a high standard, with a cosy woodburner and pretty rooms with stunning sea views, this Anglesey cottage provides contemporary, open plan accommodation. The wonderful location of this Anglesey cottage means it is close to all of the delights of the seaside; the Blue Flag sandy beach is 2 minutes' walk, while the Wavecrest Cafe and celebrated The Lobster Pot seafood restaurant are yards down the road. Visit the owner's shellfish tanks, see the lobsters close up and perhaps even purchase one, walk the scenic Anglesey Coastal Path, visit NT's Plas Newydd mansion and beautiful Beaumaris Castle, before returning to enjoy some freshly caught fish in The Lobster Pot - delicious! An ideal cottage for a fun-filled family holiday, all year round.
Four bedrooms: 2 x double with en-suite shower, basin & WC, views of sea & mountain (one TV), 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin & WC. Ground floor shower, basin & WC. Utility room. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area, & sitting area with woodburner & sea views.
LPG central heating with woodburner in sitting area. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, flat screen TV/DVD, FreeSat, WiFi, telephone, books/games. Fuel, power & starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen & towels inc. in rent. Bring own beach towels. 10% discount on meals in The Lobster Pot restaurant. Travel cot & highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars, additional roadside parking. Enclosed front lawned garden with patio & furniture, use of The Lobster Pot restaurant garden. Sorry, no pets & no smoking. Welcome pack on arrival. Shop 2.5 miles, pub 0.5 miles, The Lobster Pot 50 yards, Wave Crest beach cafe 1 min walk, beach 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “the ancorage anglesea”
- “excellent accommodation very comfortable just as the advert described would certainly go again lovely position and views from the windows .lobster pot restaurant next door was very good. when we arrived we thought it was very close to the lobster and crab business at the rear of the property, but we did not find it a problem at all and it was very interesting to be given a tour of the lobster and crab tanks.”
- “Ideal family holiday home”
- “A very comfortable cottage, plenty of space in the lounge/diner/kitchen. 2 en suites, a family bathroom and a downstairs shower room mean that there are no problems with queues in the morning. The cottage has sea views and is less than a 5 minute walk to to the most beautiful sandy beach with rock pools.”
- “A fabulous location, homely accommodation and a very family orientated property. It had a well equipped kitchen and oodles of space. Just didn't want to go home! Just fabulous!”
- “Complete refurbishment to a high standard, close to beach & walks and a superb restaurant next door not to be missed.”
- “Had a wonderful holiday at the Anchorage - greeted on arrival and lovely welcome pack on arrival. Lovely property and plenty of facilities. Would highly recommend, nearest supermarkets etc 11 miles away but plenty of freezer and fridge space to stock up so no problem at all.”
- “Lovely cottage within 2 minutes walking distance of the beach, which was ideal for our 3 young children. The house was well laid out and had everything we needed for our Spring break. The surrounding countryside is fabulous. We would love to come again.”
- “Great location with a stunning restaurant next door. Very happy to return to this cottage.”
About the location
Holyhead 13 miles.
Church Bay nestles on the stunning north west coastline of Anglesey, boasting a superb seafood restaurant and a Blue Flag sandy beach, renowned for its safe, family fun, excellent kayaking, fishing and birdwatching. Close by, the village of Llanfaethlu provides a local shop and a Post Office (open on Tuesdays and Thursdays). Wales' only working windmill is within easy reach, providing an opportunity to see corn being ground the old fashioned way, while the surrounding countryside boasts excellent fishing, birdwatching and coastal walks, with climbing on offer in Snowdonia. Indulge in fabulous watersports, including kitesurfing, diving and sailing at the stunning Rhosneigr beach, or enjoy 18 holes at a choice of three local golf courses. Spend the day at Anglesey Sea Zoo, visit the historic town of Beaumaris with its medieval castle and array of shops and restaurants, take a boat trip past Plas Newydd Mansion or indulge in a day trip to Ireland. A wonderful, year round holiday location for all to enjoy.