- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Mauchline 2 miles. An immaculately-presented mews cottage, forming part of the development of an 18th century country house designed by Robert Adam, near the village of Mauchline in Ayrshire. Beautifully appointed and surrounded by woodland, this cottage near Mauchline offers stylish accommodation, ideal for families, friends or couples looking to explore this varied and wonderful area of Scotland. Set mostly over the ground floor, this cottage near Mauchline features two bedrooms, including a double room with an en-suite shower room and a family bathroom. The impressive, open plan living area of this cottage near Mauchline, features a bright and airy, well-equipped kitchen with a central island, a dining area and a sumptuous sitting area. Your toes will be kept toasty in chillier winter months with underfloor heating throughout the ground floor. Stairs lead up to a separate mezzanine sitting room where you can curl up with a good book, or let the kids play and watch TV, while you enjoy a film downstairs. Outside this cottage near Mauchline, there is a front courtyard and large, shared lawned grounds. Stroll across the walled gardens and venture through the surrounding woodland to truly enjoy the tranquillity of this Mauchline cottage’s glorious setting. Practise your swing at the Ballochmyle Golf Club just one mile away, and visit the very centre of village of Mauchline, also within easy reach. Nestled in the heart of Ayrshire, take a trip to the Robert Burns Birthplace Museum, explore the Ayrshire coast and discover the many magnificent houses and castles, such as Auchinleck, Dumfries and Culzean, dotted throughout this region. This wonderful Mauchline cottage truly is an ideal base for touring Ayrshire, this beautiful part of Scotland.
Mostly ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Separate mezzanine sitting room.
- Gas underfloor central heating
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 1 car, additional 3 off road parking spaces available adjacent to property
- Front courtyard
- Surrounding shared lawned gardens
- Access to woodlands
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles, golf club 8 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Can you give 20 out of 10? Mews Cottage would be the best place we've stayed at while travelling around the UK. It was spacious and modern, tastefully decorated, quiet, secure, clean and warm. Can't recommend it highly enough.”
- “The cottage was stunning. It was modern, yet cosy and we would love to go back. Thank you.”
- “A fantastic place to have a holiday, everything was just perfect.”
- “A superb cottage equipped to a very high standard. Its a good base for getting out and about. We would return and recommend”
- “Lovely accommodation, really clean and most peaceful place we have ever stayed in. We felt at home straight away, the owner was very friendly and helpful.”
- “Excellent. Perfect house in a great location. Lovely owners who were exceptionally helpful. Great place to stay. Very central for touring Ayrshire.”
- “The cottage was one of the best we have stayed in. Well decorated, it had everything we needed. A lovely place to stay.”
- “The cottage was ideally located in a historically fascinating property within easy reach of many places of interest.”
- “The cottage was superb and the owners very nice. The area was great, all very good. Had no complaints, it was that good we booked another holiday in October.”
- “Arriving in the middle of the night in darkness to a warm spacious house was wonderful. Far preferable to a hotel room. It was so welcoming that we stayed in on the Sunday, our last day- it was pouring with rain and we had a lovely family catch up with our Sunday lunch, unhindered by the usual Sunday chores and distractions at home- it was a real home from home and blissfully quiet.”
- “The area and the cottage itself was beautiful, the owners were very helpful and our Westie was very well catered for. Seeing deer on our arrival was amazing.”
- “Mews Cottage is an extremely well appointed apartment in a beautiful location, with everything we could have needed for a wonderfully restful week. With a friendly, helpful owner who did everything she could to ensure we had a good time, from the lovely welcome basket and the guided tour of the apartment, to the reminder to contact her if we needed anything.”
About the location
Ayr 12 miles.
The lovely village of Mauchline quietly nestles amidst glorious hills and farmland and is ideally situated for exploring the magnificent scenery of Ayrshire and the Isle of Arran. The village is well-known as the home of Robert Burns, who lived and farmed in the area with his wife Jean Armour for many years. The house they shared is now a museum and forms part of the Burns Trail. The Royal Troon and Turnberry links courses are both nearby, whilst the historic seaside resort of Ayr is just 12 miles away, offering excellent shopping, bars, restaurants and sandy beaches. Visit Dumfries House at nearby Cumnock with its unrivalled collection of Chippendale furniture, or take a trip to Culzean Castle with its picturesque cliff-top setting and enjoy the 600 acre country park complete with deer park, swan pond, adventure playground and delightful beaches. A truly charming part of Scotland with something for all tastes.