- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This charming mid-terrace cottage is situated in a delightful rural location in the village of Strachur, in the wonderful Argyll region of Scotland.
Set in some of the most beautiful scenery Scotland has to offer, this Argyll cottage boasts flexible and stylish accommodation, making it an ideal base for families and friends.
With lovely views across Loch Fyne, this Strachur cottage offers two sitting rooms, which are situated either side of a central kitchen and each wing has stairs leading up to the bedrooms, bathroom and shower room.
One of the sitting rooms has a dining area and cosy woodburning stove, whilst the smaller sitting room has a warming open fire, plus there is also access to a sloping garden at the rear of this Strachur cottage, with a lawned area, a summerhouse and a BBQ.
The small village of Strachur sits alongside Loch Fyne and has a shop/tea room/Post Office and a petrol station, as well as the famous Creggans Inn.
With Dunoon and Inverary within easy reach and walking, cycling and fishing all around, this Strachur cottage is the perfect base for a country break.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin, bidet and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove. Second sitting room (seats 4) with open fire.
- Electric storage heaters with open fire and woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire and stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lockable bike storage
- Lawned garden with summerhouse, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 1 min walk, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Bedrooms have sloping ceilings
- Note: There is an open burn (stream) running past the garden, children must be supervised at all times
- Note: There is a short drop between the foot of the lawn and the path along the back of the row of cottages, care should be taken at all times and children supervised
- Note: The garden is accessed from the front of the property, via a right of way to the side of the cottages.
About the location
Dunoon 18 miles; Inverary 21 miles.
The small village of Strachur sits on the east shore of Loch Fyne on the west side of the Cowal Peninsula in Argyll. From the Gaelic meaning Glen of the Heron, Strachur is just over 60 miles from Glasgow. The original village centre is located about half a mile inland from the loch shore and today it offers the Smiddy Museum and Clachan Inn. On the shore of the loch is a shop, Post Office and tea room and just north is the famous Creggans Inn, previously owned by the renowned adventurer Sir Fitzroy MacLean. The charming town of Inverary is on the opposite sides of the loch and is reached by a pleasant and picturesque drive, passing by the well-known Loch Fyne Oyster Bar. The Town Jail is worth a visit, as is the striking castle which you pass on entering the town. Surrounded by magnificent lochs, forests and mountains, Strachur is located in one of the most spectacular parts of Scotland.
- Last minute