- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Ardfern 4 miles. Situated up a farm track just off the coast road between Ardfern and the harbour at Craobh Haven, these two cottages are located next to the owners’ house, on a non-working farm, amidst tranquil surroundings. Set within spectacular countryside, these charming Ardfern cottages, lovingly developed from old farm buildings have open outlooks, one over the large garden to the hills behind the property and the other over the front garden to the hills above Ardfern and Craobh Haven. These Argyll cottages have outdoor seating and lawned areas, which are ideal for enjoying alfresco dining after a busy day exploring the area. The nearby village of Ardfern provides a shop, pub, craft centre and tea room as well as a yacht centre, and is located on one of Scotland’s most sheltered sea lochs. Boat trips are available to the famous Corryvreckan Whirlpool and within driving distance are the towns of Lochgilphead and Oban, plus there are wonderful walking and fishing in the area. These two delightful Argyll cottages are ideal for a romantic break or family holiday.
This welcoming single-storey, semi-detached Ardfern cottage has one double bedroom, a bathroom and an open plan living area comprising a fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area. With tranquil views over the spacious garden to the hills beyond, this Argyll cottage is ideal for a couple seeking a relaxing break. Note: This property can be booked with Ref 16246, to accommodate six people.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric storage heaters
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, DVDs and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Lawned garden to front with furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 3 miles
- Pub 2 miles
- Note: This property has a private treated water supply
- Note: The approach road to this property should be accessed with care.
- “Fantastic location with beautiful views”
- “A very friendly welcome for us and our two Labradors. Fantastic location with beautiful views. Cottage very clean with all home comforts. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.”
- “Just great!”
- “Wonderful genuine welcome, very accomodating hosts both to us and our dog. Fabulous location, wonderful views and very peaceful. Lots to do in the surrounding area with lots of walks for dog and us to explore. Access tests your driving skills but destination more than makes up for it.”
- “The hosts were friendly and well informed about their area. It felt like home from home.”
- “An excellent cottage in a beautiful location. It was very comfortable and furnished to a very high standard.”
- “The owners were always around to help us plan our day or to answer any questions. They also made us and our little dog feel very much at home. The scenery around Ardfern was very beautiful, even if it did seem to rain quite a bit. All in all it was a peaceful and restful holiday, just what was wanted.”
- “The setting could not get better, just a perfect place to relax and reflect on life. There were plenty of places to go for meals and more walls than you could manage in a lifetime.”
- “Lovely cottage in lovely surroundings and the owners were very friendly and helpful. A true home from home would love to go back sometime.”
- “We had a lovely holiday - very relaxing, beautiful scenery and a very well equipped cottage in a beautiful setting. Would definitely recommend the cottage and the area to anyone wanting a relaxed holiday.”
- “The landlords were friendly, but allowed us our privacy. The cottage was warm and cosy, and there was good walking nearby. We will definitely go back again.”
About the location
Lochgilphead 16 miles; Oban 21 miles.
The picturesque coastal village of Ardfern sits on the Craignish Peninsula in Scotland's beautiful and dramatic Argyll region. An ancient settlement, there is evidence of population at Ardfern dating from 600 AD when contemporaries of St Columba were here, plus there is a ruined church on the Peninsula dating from 12th century. The village today contains a pub, shop, craft centre, tea room and a large marina, ideally placed for sailing off the west coast. A second marina is nearby at Craobh Haven and the towns of Lochgilphead and Oban are well worth a visit offering many shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. The surrounding scenery is what makes the area, with the hills, lochs and mountains offering spectacularwalking, plus there is fresh water and sea fishing nearby to delight the angler. Ardfern is a lovely base for exploring the area.