- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Taynuilt 0.6 miles.
This semi-detached holiday cottage is situated in a rural location, close to the quiet village of Taynuilt, 12 miles from the bustling town of Oban, in the beautiful Glen Nant area of Scotland.
Tastefully furnished to provide luxury accommodation for two people, this stylish Taynuilt cottage offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and offers a peaceful and romantic retreat.
This Taynuilt cottage boasts a mezzanine double bedroom above the stylish open plan living area, which offers space in abundance, and a cosy woodburning stove, perfect for warming you through after a busy day out and about.
Nant Hall has a delightful outdoor area with front and rear patio areas, plus an abundance of wildlife can be found all around, including red squirrels and deer, along with otters, which can be spotted on the banks of the River Nant.
There are many amenities in Taynuilt with a shop, pub, Post Office, butcher's and golf course all just a short walk away.
This Taynuilt cottage makes a great base for exploring, with excellent walks from the doorstep, superb fishing on Loch Etive and wonderful cycle routes.
Within a short drive of this Taynuilt cottage is the town of Oban, where you will find a number of shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as Oban Distillery.
Whatever you decide to do on your Scotland self-catering holiday, this Taynuilt cottage provides a wonderful base.
One mezzanine double bedroom. Ground floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove. External utility.
Oil central heating with underfloor heating and woodburning stove in sitting area. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 2 cars. Front and rear patio with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile. Note: There is an unfenced pond 5 yards from this property. Note: There is an open tread staircase at the property so care should be taken.
- Last minute
- “An exceptional house in a lovely area”
- “We are so glad that we chose Nant Hall and will always remember this unusual and ultra stylish home. It could have seemed a little intimidating, with its immaculate appearance, huge windows, high ceilings and space; however, it was furnished to provide comfort as well as style and both house and garden displayed many humorous touches , the whole place demonstrating a real labour of love on the part of the owner / designer, who proved to be a kind and helpful neighbour. Having stayed in many holiday rentals, I particularly appreciated the quality of the bed linen and towels and the fact that the kitchen was fully kitted out and the bathroom spacious with loads of storage. I also found that the lighting was excellent and catered for all moods and needs. Although the house appeared (on photos and in reality) to be very open, with its huge windows, every bit of every window could be covered (stylishly) by blinds or curtains for privacy, if need be. The mountains in the middle distance were beautiful and every change in the weather gave a different perspective. Taynuilt is an excellent jumping off point for visits to a wide range of places of interest and in itself is an interesting village with plenty to occupy the visitor. However, if the weather discourages you from going out, it is absolutely no hardship to light the woodburner and stay indoors, pretending that this lovely home is yours!”
- “Stunning beautiful cottage, Absolutely loved it!!!”
- “My husband and I travel around quite a lot and have stayed in numerous cottages, lodges, etc, This one literally took our breath away when we arrived, The cottage is stunning as is the surrounding area, It was absolutely immaculate inside, not a speck of dust to be found anywhere. Although this property is for two people the amount of space inside is amazing, We loved the huge log fire which we only needed to use twice due to the fantastic weather we had, we also found the bed super comfortable. Everything supplied in the cottage is top quality, the bedding, the towels and all furnishings. Coming home to this cottage after a hard days walking was an absolute pleasure. I relaxed in a hot bath while my hubby had the huge walk in shower, We loved cooking our own meals in the kitchen which had everything you could possibly need and then settling down at the dining table with views to the hills and the beautiful sun sets. You can tell this is a much loved home and a lot of love and effort has went in to make it the stunning place it is. Lots of lovely wee touches to make it extra special. There is so much to do in the area, many munros to conquer as well as cycle tracks and more gentle walking, we didn't have enough time to fit in everything we wanted to do. Thank you for a fantastic holiday, Loved every minute”
- “the best sykes cottage we have stayed at”
- “This was definatly the best cottage we have stayed at, just like having a 5star hotel all to ourselves. the owners were so welcomeing and freindly, the house was spotlessly clean and the gardens superb. We were also lucky to have glorious weather very highly recomended. could not fault it in any way.”
- “An excellent base, very comfortable and a nice place to return to. It was ideally located for exploring the area.”
- “Both the hubby and I Loved Nant Hall, it was so homely and of course we got to enjoy the view in the various stages of light throughout the day ... wow! It's not often you get the chance to just relax into a place but it is a habit we have started in Cornwall earlier this year and I am so glad we did, because it made for all the difference here, the colours alone on the mountains from sunrise to sunset were enough to take my breath away. Would I recommend it ... absolutely.”
- “It was brilliant, the best accommodation we have had in all our holidays. Highly recommended by us.”
- “The property was beautiful. The décor reflected the owner; slightly eccentric and very imaginative in it's design and furnishing. It was extremely comfortable and versatile, warm when needed. The owner was very helpful and welcoming, providing plenty of information about the area, including walks, excursions and eating out. We could not fault it in any way. The cottage is in a wonderful area for those who like the outdoors, but close enough to Oban for visiting the outlying islands as well.”
- “It was an amazing property, not your usual cottage. It was very peaceful and relaxing in a beautiful location. The weather was not good while we where there but it had everything you needed, so we put the wood burner on and chilled out.”
- “The cottage was absolutely stunning and spotlessly clean, it had everything you could possibly need for a perfect holiday. The owners were lovely friendly people who were very knowledgeable about the surrounding area, should you need any advice or help. Loved this cottage and would love to return again.”
- “The accommodation at Nant Hall was excellent, and a perfect place for exploring the area. The owners were extremely friendly and gave us great recommendations of what to see and do, and we managed to do a lot due to the fantastic weather. Taynuilt was only a short walk away, and had a great butchers and friendly shop and we had a lovely meal in the Taynuilt Hotel. We would definitely return to Nant Hall and explore even more.”
- “The area we was of outstanding beauty, Nant Hall was a very comfortable evening retreat.”
- “This was a beautiful property furnished to a high standard and well cared for by the owners who were very friendly and helpful. The best cottage we have stayed in and in such a lovely and peaceful setting.”
- “"Wow what a cottage" ! Everything about this cottage is 5 star, the furnishings are lovely, the shower great, the bed very comfortable and the kitchen has everything you need and more. Made to feel welcome from the start of holiday.”
- “The holiday accommodation was far superior to anything we had previously experienced - this was clearly someone's home and not just a 'holiday let'. We loved the location with plenty of garden, balcony and patio space for enjoying the mountain scenery.”
- “We loved our stay at Nant Hall. The house was beautiful and the surroundings idyllic. We will definitely be recommending this property and would love to stay there again.”
About the location
Oban 12 miles.
The small attractive village of Taynuilt is situated 12 miles from the bustling town of Oban, known as the 'Gateway to the Isles'. Taynuilt sits on the southern shore of Loch Etive, in the shadow of the towering munro of Ben Cruachan. This peaceful village boasts a Post Office, pub, hairdresser, newsagent, butcher, grocer, Robin's Nest tea rooms and a 9 hole golf course. The area is a haven for hill walkers and nature lovers, with its spectacular scenery and the beauty of Loch Etive with its cruises taking you down to Connel to see the stunning tidal Fall of Lora.