- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This beautifully presented ground floor cottage apartment occupies a wing of a converted church in the charming town of Dalbeattie in south west Scotland. Set back from the road in a tranquil location, this Dalbeattie cottage apartment has two welcoming bedrooms, a large bathroom, a fully-fitted, well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and a comfortable sitting room with dining area. The gravelled courtyard to the side of this Dalbeattie cottage apartment provides a pleasant place to sit and enjoy a morning coffee whilst planning the day's activities. Dalbeattie boasts a museum, art gallery, park with play area, shops, pubs, restaurants and a 9-hole golf course, and the area offers forest and coastal walks, mountain biking on the renowned 7stanes routes, golf and fishing. This terrific Dalbeattie cottage apartment is the ideal base for exploring this fascinating region.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast bar. Utility room. Sitting room with dining area.
Gas central heating. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD player, library of books and games. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair available. Off road parking for 1 car. Lockable storage space for bikes/golf clubs in lobby. Gravelled courtyard at side of property with garden furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 3 mins walk. Note: This cottage apartment is accessed via 2 steps.
- Last minute
- “Found Heaven in a Church”
- “Fantastic location especially after finding a good china shop in Castle Douglas. Facilities at the cottage were good, everything you could need and a welcoming bottle of wine. Easy to find, good location in the town, good walking spots, and great for touring this area, nothing is too far away. Information book provided on both the area and how to use the applicances - greatly appreciated. The thing I liked least about this cottage was having to leave when my week was up.”
- “We liked the holiday because the flat was excellent and we were within walking distance of shops, places to eat.”
- “The accommodation was excellent, it had plenty of room, was clean & well worth the money. There were plenty of good shops & friendly people. Would definitely recommend it.”
- “The flat was superb. Everything we expected was there including cot and high chair which was offered when they knew a baby was coming with us. First class service.”
- “We felt that an effort had been made to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Blair House is a lovely building and in a lovely position. The park opposite was a bonus for our little granddaughters.”
About the location
Castle Douglas 6 miles; Kirkcudbright 13.5 miles; Dumfries 14 miles.
The attractive country town of Dalbeattie nestles in the south west of Scotland. The town sits within a wooded valley on the River Urr and provides access to the picturesque Solway Coast with its miles of beaches and pretty fishing villages. Dalbeattie is originally known for its granite quarry, which exported stone all over the world, most notably for the Eddystone Lighthouse and Thames Embankment. Today it is renowned for its outdoor activities with the world famous 7stanes mountain biking complex nearby as well as forest walks in Glentrool, where you can follow in the footsteps of Richard Hannay in The Thirty Nine Steps. Dalbeattie and the surrounding area offer panoramic views of the Solway Firth, the Lake District and the Galloway Hills. A great location, which has something for everyone.