- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
This delightful cottage sits in the heart of the attractive country town of Gatehouse of Fleet.
Set in the beautiful scenery of Dumfries & Galloway, this cottage is in an ideal location for exploring the hills, forests, coast and towns of this varied region of Scotland.
This pet-friendly Gatehouse of Fleet cottage occupies a tranquil location near the Mill on the Fleet Visitor Centre with the Fleet River in the background.
The beautifully maintained rear garden offers a relaxing haven after a day spent exploring the many delights of the area, while inside, a cosy open fire welcomes you.
A second sitting room and a study with a PlayStation 1 make great places for the children in the party to spend time, while the grown ups enjoy relaxing by the fire.
There is a park with swings and a children's zip wire, just across the road from the cottage, as is the entrance to Cally Woods.
Cardoness Castle is within walking distance and the harbour town of Kirkcudbright is 10 minutes' drive away, with its many art galleries and MacLellan's Castle, plus there are a number of beaches just a short drive away.
Whether your interest is in walking, cycling or exploring the history of the area, or the many pubs and restaurants, this Gatehouse of Fleet cottage is the ideal choice.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath with hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with open fire. Second sitting room with double bed settee. Study with TV/PlayStation 1.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with full Sky (except Sky Sports and Sky Movies), DVD, PlayStation 1 with games, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent Apr - Sep inclusive, £25 supplement per week and £15 supplement per short break Oct - Mar inclusive (Christmas and New Year excepted)
- Starter pack of fuel for open fire inc. in rent all year
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair and stairgate available
- Roadside parking in front of property
- Rear lawned garden with garden furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk
- Note: Access to the property is down approx
- 8 steps.
- Last minute
- “Perfect holiday home”
- “We have just returned from a short family break and absolutely loved this cottage. Homely, well equipped, clean, the owners have thought of everything a family with dogs could need. We will be back!”
- “Fantastic accomodation”
- “Best equipped cottage rental we have ever been to,excellent location close to all amenities and ideal for taking our dog.”
- “A fabulous cottage, really could not ask for anything more. The cottage is very spacious, decorated lovely and with a vast amount of cooking equipment and crockery provided. It was extremely clean and tidy and towels and extra bedding were provided. There is a private spacious garden too, perfect for outside games or quiet relaxation time outdoors. You really could not ask for anything more. Cannot recommend highly enough, we will certainly be returning.”
- “The location is excellent, in a quiet but interesting village, close to beaches and surrounded by attractive countryside. The property itself is spacious, very well-appointed and attractive, with a good garden.”
- “A brilliant location for touring around Dumfries and Galloway. It was excellent accommodation for dog owners, with lots of extras for dogs and a good enclosed garden. There were plenty of DVDs and videos, plus games consoles. We felt that the owners really put a lot of thought into the extras.”
- “A spacious and cosy house. In an excellent location within the small town - Gatehouse of Fleet, cose to the shops and forest walks. A great place to stay if you've got a dog.”
- “Ideal break in one of the most well equipped cottages that we have rented. Great for walking the dog and sightseeing with all the amenities on your doorstep. It felt like being at home from the minute we stepped in the door, the log fires made it a memorable stay in a lovely place.”
- “The overall comfort the house provided.”
- “Great location, easy for walking the dog. Straight across the road is a wood with a great play park for children, handy shop also across the road. Plenty of pubs and food! The scenery is fantastic all around Gatehouse of Fleet . A must is the Red Kite feeding time 2pm at Laurieston. The beaches and the Lochs are good as our dog likes his swim!”
- “Cottage was well equipped with a lovely homely feel. Lovely area with plenty to do for the whole family.”
- “Gatehouse of Fleet is a lovely town with very friendly, helpful people. The gardens were fully enclosed - great for the dogs and had a lovely hedge full of bird song in the morning . The house itself was very nice and the open fire very cosy in the evening.”
About the location
GATEHOUSE OF FLEET
Kirkcudbright 8 miles; Newton Stewart 15 miles; Castle Douglas 15 miles.
Peaceful in its pastel colours, the small country town of Gatehouse of Fleet lies on the Solway Firth, in the midst of Dumfries & Galloway countryside, with good sandy beaches a five-minute drive away. The town was founded in the 1760s as a mill community, and today the nearby Mill on the Fleet - a visitor centre in a former bobbin mill - tells the tale of Gatehouse’s cotton-spinning days. Today, there are several shops in the town including a small supermarket, chemist, bank and Post Office, along with two book/gift shops, a kilt-making centre and two cafes. All four pubs in the town have restaurant facilities and welcome children. Castle Douglas, a 15-minute drive away, offers an extensive range of shops, Threave Gardens and boating on Carlingwark Loch.