- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
This delightful cottage sits in the heart of the attractive country town of Gatehouse of Fleet.
Set in the beautiful scenery of Dumfries & Galloway, this cottage is in an ideal location for exploring the hills, forests, coast and towns of this varied region of Scotland.
This pet-friendly Gatehouse of Fleet cottage occupies a tranquil location near the Mill on the Fleet Visitor Centre with the Fleet River in the background.
The beautifully maintained rear garden offers a relaxing haven after a day spent exploring the many delights of the area, while inside, a cosy open fire welcomes you.
A second sitting room and a study with a PlayStation 1 make great places for the children in the party to spend time, while the grown ups enjoy relaxing by the fire.
There is a park with swings and a children's zip wire, just across the road from the cottage, as is the entrance to Cally Woods.
Cardoness Castle is within walking distance and the harbour town of Kirkcudbright is 10 minutes' drive away, with its many art galleries and MacLellan's Castle, plus there are a number of beaches just a short drive away.
Whether your interest is in walking, cycling or exploring the history of the area, or the many pubs and restaurants, this Gatehouse of Fleet cottage is the ideal choice.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath with hand-held shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with open fire. Second sitting room with double bed settee. Study with TV/PlayStation 1.
- Gas central heating with open fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with full Sky (except Sky Sports and Sky Movies), DVD, PlayStation 1 with games, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent Apr - Sep inclusive, £25 supplement per week and £15 supplement per short break Oct - Mar inclusive (Christmas and New Year excepted)
- Starter pack of fuel for open fire inc. in rent all year
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair and stairgate available
- Roadside parking in front of property
- Rear lawned garden with garden furniture
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 min walk
- Note: Access to the property is down approx
- 8 steps.
About the location
GATEHOUSE OF FLEET
Kirkcudbright 8 miles; Newton Stewart 15 miles; Castle Douglas 15 miles.
Peaceful in its pastel colours, the small country town of Gatehouse of Fleet lies on the Solway Firth, in the midst of Dumfries & Galloway countryside, with good sandy beaches a five-minute drive away. The town was founded in the 1760s as a mill community, and today the nearby Mill on the Fleet - a visitor centre in a former bobbin mill - tells the tale of Gatehouse’s cotton-spinning days. Today, there are several shops in the town including a small supermarket, chemist, bank and Post Office, along with two book/gift shops, a kilt-making centre and two cafes. All four pubs in the town have restaurant facilities and welcome children. Castle Douglas, a 15-minute drive away, offers an extensive range of shops, Threave Gardens and boating on Carlingwark Loch.
- Last minute