- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This delightfully presented terraced cottage is ideally located in the popular town of Gatehouse of Fleet in Scotland's beautiful Dumfries & Galloway region.
This 18th century Gatehouse of Fleet townhouse is perfect for families or friends seeking an elegant base from which to explore this tranquil part of the country.
The first floor accommodation at this Gatehouse of Fleet cottage consists of two double bedrooms and a charmingly designed children's twin room with one bed accessible by ladder.
The ground floor comprises a fitted kitchen and a sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
The large garden at this Gatehouse of Fleet cottage is a lovely place to unwind, plus from the garden there is direct access to Garries Park and the River Fleet.
Gatehouse of Fleet offers a charming collection of shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as excellent access to walking, fishing and mountain biking, plus the sandy beaches of Fleet Bay and the Galloway Hills are a short drive inland.
A superb Gatehouse of Fleet cottage for a relaxing break.
Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x children's twin (one bed accessed via ladder). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with breakfast area (seats 4). Sitting room (seats 5) with dining area and woodburning stove.
- Gas central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD, CD, selection of books, DVDs and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Roadside parking next to cottage
- Enclosed lawned garden to rear with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “A great week in a lovely cottage in a delightful corner of Scotl”
- “Overmoor is a very comfortable cottage ideally situated in the centre of Gatehouse of Fleet. There is a lovely sunny garden at the back with a gate leading into a gorgeous park- our dog thought he had died and gone to heaven. We found the residents of Gatehouse to be very friendly and helpful . There are a number of coffee shops, two supermarkets, and if we didn't feel like cooking ,the Hotel across the road had an extensive carry out menu. We found lots of interesting places to visit within easy reach- Wigtown for books, the beach at Brighouse bay, Kippford,and Dundrennan abbey to name but a few.”
- “lovely cottage”
- “Overmoor was a very well equipped and homely cottage and I would definitely recommend it. In Gatehouse there are a number of hotels serving good food and there is also plenty to do in the surrounding area - especially good is the Cream of Galloway adventure park and the nearby outdoor activity centre.”
- “Location is brilliant, with very good facilities in the village. Plenty of dog friendly pubs and lots of excellent walks.”
About the location
GATEHOUSE OF FLEET
Kirkcudbright 8 miles; Newton Stewart 15 miles; Castle Douglas 15 miles.
Peaceful in its pastel colours, the small country town of Gatehouse of Fleet lies on the Solway Firth, in the midst of Dumfries & Galloway countryside, with good sandy beaches a five-minute drive away. The town was founded in the 1760s as a mill community, and today the nearby Mill on the Fleet - a visitor centre in a former bobbin mill - tells the tale of Gatehouse’s cotton-spinning days. Today, there are several shops in the town including a small supermarket, chemist, bank and Post Office, along with two book/gift shops, a kilt-making centre and two cafes. All four pubs in the town have restaurant facilities and welcome children. Castle Douglas, a 15-minute drive away, offers an extensive range of shops, Threave Gardens and boating on Carlingwark Loch.