- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
A charming and well presented terraced cottage, on a quiet street in the popular village of Gatehouse of Fleet, set in the beautiful Dumfries & Galloway countryside.
Well appointed throughout to provide comfortable accommodation, this Gatehouse of Fleet cottage is the ideal venue for families or friends wishing to explore this attractive corner of Scotland.
This Gatehouse of Fleet cottage has four bedrooms, including a double on the ground floor.
The first floor bedrooms and bathroom in this Gatehouse of Fleet cottage have a restricted head height, in keeping with some traditional cottages in this part of the country.
The accommodation is completed by a sitting room, a dining room with additional comfortable seating, and a fitted kitchen leading to a utility room and French doors opening onto the garden.
This Gatehouse of Fleet cottage boasts a spacious rear garden with a patio area, furniture and an expansive lawn, making it the ideal place to relax with a drink and plan the day's activities.
Gatehouse of Fleet offers a charming collection of shops and cafés.
Its location makes it the ideal place to explore delightful nearby beaches as well as the Laggan Adventure Centre.
Indulge in the Wickerman Festival each July, named after the film which was made in the region.
For a less energetic attraction, visit the Chocolate Factory in nearby Twynholm or the Cream o' Galloway Visitor Centre and sample the ice-cream made there.
A delightful Gatehouse of Fleet cottage with something for everybody within easy reach.
Four bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x double with basin, 1 x twin with TV, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room with comfy seating (seats 4) and electric fire. Sitting room (seats 6) with electric fire.
Gas central heating with electric fires. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, 2nd TV, DVD, PlayStation 2, selection of books, games, PS2 games and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair. Roadside parking next to cottage. Lawned garden with furniture. One well-behaved pet welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 mins walk. Note: Reduced head height of approx 6ft in first floor rooms.
- “Supreme value for money - lovely place”
- “Had the pleasure of staying at Ralston Cottage for a week this summer. I can honestly say this place is fantastic value for money ! 3 double rooms, 1 single room, 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge and a dining room plus a fully equipped kitchen ! All immaculately clean - amazing value - plus a lovely garden to sit and relax in ! - highly recommended ! Definitely will return - thank you for a lovely holiday”
- “Glorious Gatehouse”
- “The cottage and garden are both ideal for families, the only thing which would improve it would be the addition of curtains in all the bedrooms, especially for the children's rooms. The tap on the kitchen sink was very loose, and gradually become looser through use. Shopping for provisions in Gatehouse is fine and the new Deli is excellent. There are several places for eating out., either for a snack or a meal. There are beaches nearby , and for more seriious shopping, both Kirkcudbright and Castle douglas are within easy reach.Laggan Out door Centre is also a great attraction and is wirth a visit, even if only to watch the more energetic people using all the facilities.We all enjoyed our stay very much and hope to repeat it.”
- “We know the area & visit regularly. The cottage was comfortable & more than adequately stocked. Also very handy for village & pub, but wasn't noisy when we sat out in the evening.”
- “The cottage is in a pleasant, quiet street, within very easy walking distance of shops and eateries. It is ideally situated for various visits to beaches, outdoor centre, other small towns. There are plenty of eating places, either for snacks or meals, and the local park has several lovely walks. The garden at the cottage is safe for young children and is quite spacious. Our experience on the whole was very enjoyable and as this was our second time in the cottage, hopefully not our last.”
About the location
GATEHOUSE OF FLEET
Kirkcudbright 8 miles; Newton Stewart 15 miles; Castle Douglas 15 miles.
Peaceful in its pastel colours, the small country town of Gatehouse of Fleet lies on the Solway Firth, in the midst of Dumfries & Galloway countryside, with good sandy beaches a five-minute drive away. The town was founded in the 1760s as a mill community, and today the nearby Mill on the Fleet - a visitor centre in a former bobbin mill - tells the tale of Gatehouse’s cotton-spinning days. Today, there are several shops in the town including a small supermarket, chemist, bank and Post Office, along with two book/gift shops, a kilt-making centre and two cafes. All four pubs in the town have restaurant facilities and welcome children. Castle Douglas, a 15-minute drive away, offers an extensive range of shops, Threave Gardens and boating on Carlingwark Loch.