- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This is a beautifully presented terraced cottage, ideally located on the edge of the town of Cumnock in the attractive rolling farmland of Ayrshire.
Well-appointed and decorated throughout to a high standard, this Cumnock cottage is ideal for couples and friends seeking a stylish base as they explore the Ayrshire countryside and coast.
This Cumnock cottage has two comfortable bedrooms on the first floor, along with a bathroom.
The spacious ground floor has a sitting room with a woodburning stove, shower room, and a fully fitted kitchen and dining area with French doors to the garden.
The rear garden of this Cumnock cottage has a patio area and furniture, the ideal place to relax.
This Cumnock cottage is part of Knockroon, a sustainable development led by Prince Charles' Charities Foundation.
Close by is Dumfries House, one of the most beautiful stately homes in Britain, and the surrounding estate provides scenic woodland walks.
The nearby village of Auchinleck boasts the home of James Boswell and this is where he took Dr Johnson after their famous trip around the Highlands.
With walking and cycling from the doorstep, fly fishing in nearby Glen Afton Reservoir and many golf courses at hand, there is something for everyone at this delightful Cumnock cottage.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen with dining area, utility and French doors to rear garden. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
Gas central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room. Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games, DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Cot and highchair on request. Off road parking in adjacent car park. Enclosed lawned rear garden with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop and pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic cottage”
- “Stayed at this beautiful cottage for a week, the facilities are fantastic, one of the best cottages we have stayed in. Home from home, modern, comfortable and absolutely spotless. Owners should be proud of this holiday rental, and nothing was to much trouble for them. We are looking to book again in September for a family wedding and again next April for a get together with my sister and brother, whom both stayed in April with me, would highly recommend, a wee gem stop one in the heart of Ayrshire.”
- “HOME FROM HOME”
- “Warm welcoming cottage kitchen fabulous everything that you required and more, bed lovely and comfortable, sitting room nice and cosy, nice outside space to sit in the sun,”
- “Thistle Cottage is delightful. It is spotlessly clean and decorated and furnished to an incredibly high standard. It is in a great location to see many tourist attractions and after our week stay we still have so much to see that we would love to return.”
- “A very comfortable, very clean, beautifully furnished and decorated cottage. Hopefully we will be able to return.”
- “The accommodation was of a very high standard, the best we have thus far stayed in. We would certainly recommend the cottage and would stay again.”
- “A fantastic holiday home, everything was perfect. Will definitely use again.”
- “The cottage is absolutely stunning. Tastefully decorated, in keeping with a cottage feel (log fire), but with modern accessories and appliances. It was fully equipped with literally everything you need! I didn't want to leave! Excellent value for money, especially over the New Year period. Would highly recommend to family and friends.”
- “Perfect, absolutely stunning. Thistle Cottage was everything we wanted it to be and so much more.”
- “One of the best cottages we have stayed in for a while with everything that you could require.”
- “Couldn't fault the property.”
- “Thistle Cottage is our 5th Sykes holiday and definitely up to the high standard that we have come to expect from your company. Thistle Cottage was particularly well-equipped, every possibility had been thought of and it was extremely comfortable. It was ideally situated for us to get into Glasgow to see the Commonwealth Games and for my husband who was a volunteer. We even had a heat wave! We would certainly recommend this accommodation.”
- “The furnishings and overall decor were lovely. The location suited us perfectly as we were visiting family in the town.”
- “This was our first holiday with Sykes, and everything was excellent. The service, the cottage and the amenities were first class. Definitely on our list from now on.”
About the location
Ayr 15 miles; Glasgow 38 miles; Dumfries 43 miles.
The East Ayrshire town of Cumnock, sometimes called Old Cumnock, has many historical roots. With settlements here since the Bronze Age, the many memorials to its involvement with the Covenanters and also the claim that William Wallace resided nearby, there is much of historic interest in Cumnock. The Burgh of Cumnock was created by royal charter in 1509 by King James IV and the connection with the Dumfries family continues to this day with Dumfries House and Estate just outside the town. The house itself was built in the 1750s by John and Robert Adam and contains original furniture by Thomas Chippendale. Cumnock today has a wide range of shops and facilities and boasts its own Highland Games and Music Festival. With the coast at Ayr, many Robert Burns connections, and the world-renowned links courses of Troon and Turnberry within easy reach, Cumnock is a great base for exploring this beautiful and varied part of Scotland.