- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This wonderful mid-terrace property is situated in a private courtyard garden set back from the road in the Cambridgeshire village of Bottisham, close to both Newmarket and Cambridge.
Dating back to 1850, this Bottisham cottage has shared access to a lovely communal garden.
There are two beautifully-furnished bedrooms at this cottage near Cambridge, perfect for two couples or a small family.
The living accommodation consists of a modern kitchen and a cosy sitting room which boasts a woodburning stove, guaranteed to keep you warm after a day spent exploring the area.
The rear of the cottage in Bottisham looks out onto the village church whilst the shared garden at the front allows you to sit and relax in tranquil surroundings.
The village of Bottisham has a good selection of shops and restaurants, plus the local pub is just a couple of minutes' walk away.
The historic university city of Cambridge is just six miles away, where you can take a punt on the river, visit one of the many colleges or indulge in the fabulous range of bars and restaurants.
To the east of Bottisham is the horse racing centre of Newmarket, where you can see the horses in training or spend a day watching the racing.
A fabulous Bottisham cottage, perfect for a holiday any time of the year.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric storage heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, Blu-ray, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Off road parking in garage for 1 small car 2 mins walk away, additional roadside parking outside gate
- Lockable bike storage in garage
- Communal lawned garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and smoking
- Shop, pub and restaurants 2 mins walk
- Note: Children are not allowed to play in the communal garden, but there are recreation facilities nearby
- Note: The first floor doors have low head height.
- “Lovely cottage, very good base for walks, sightseeing. Highly recommend and want to return.”
- “A very peaceful cottage in a lovely village setting that was very comfortable. This is an ideal base for travelling in every direction with the added bonus that you are never in a traffic jam trying to get in and out. The local store is well stocked and the post office is an added bonus.”
- “Our cottage was lovely. The owners had very thoughtfully decorated each room with charm. We were very comfortable and cosy with everything we needed. The bus to Cambridge was 2mins from the cottage, it is a wonderful city to explore. We had an excellent stay and would use this cottage again.”
- “Idyllic setting and cottage with much to see in the area, would recommend. Lovely Christmas touches were added by the owner.”
- “This the best Sykes cottage I have stayed in. I enjoyed absolutely everything about this holiday. Lovely cottage, friendly local store, excellent attractions within a short distance.”
- “Excellent accommodation. We have stayed in many cottages over the years and this one rates among the best, for location, for being excellently appointed and equipped and also spotlessly clean. It is comfortable and well planned. We loved sitting out on the communal lawn, again well laid out and maintained. We had a lovely week, many thanks. We will certainly be staying again.”
- “The cottage was lovely and very cosy. We immediately felt very much at home. The furniture was comfortable and the cottage was decorated as if you were at home. Even the garden was peaceful. The basket with tasty goodies, was a warm welcome.”
- “I cannot praise this cottage highly enough - absolutely beautiful setting, gorgeous house, wonderful decor, fantastically well equipped! We had a great week and would recommend this house without reservation. Everything had been thought of, all the little touches. We really appreciated the welcome pack. A very relaxing break.”
- “The cottage was exceptionally clean and very comfortable. Everywhere you looked there was something lovely to look at. The kitchen was extremely well equipped and a good size. The bathroom was also a good size, spotlessly clean with plenty of storage space. The minute I walked in I relaxed and was delighted with it all. The shared garden was beautifully kept and we enjoyed sitting out two evenings for dinner. The beds were very comfortable and we slept very well. The location is great for visiting many places of interest locally. Everyone in the village was very friendly.”
- “A very peaceful spot in a beautiful village. An opportunity to stay in an unusual and characterful property, which has been impeccably furnished and decorated to a high standard in a sympathetic but modern style. It really felt like a home from home and was only minutes from Cambridge. We will certainly be booking it for our next trip.”
- “Everything was exactly how it was stated, assuring the property was exactly what we wanted! Loved how modern the kitchen and bathroom were! Loved how you felt at home and felt comfortable. Bedrooms were perfect as well! Outside the front is a beautiful little area - grass is well kept.”
- “Very well equipped kitchen and bathroom. Peaceful location with good connections. Highly recommended.”
About the location
Cambridge 6 miles; Newmarket 7 miles; Ely 16 miles.
The village of Bottisham sits between Cambridge and Newmarket and is an ideal touring base for discovering both Cambridgeshire and Suffolk. The village boasts a 14th century church and is also home to a selection of shops, pubs and restaurants. Cambridge can easily be reached via the nearby Park and Ride and both Cambridge and Newmarket can be reached by a bus service from Bottisham, making this a superb destination for a city break. Newmarket is home to the Jockey Club and one of the finest racecourses in the country. Cambridge is best known as a university city, so why not spend some time exploring the colleges or take a punt on the river. Further afield, Ely sits on the Great Ouse River and is home to a magnificent Norman cathedral. A wonderful base for a touring holiday, all year round.