- Off road parking
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
An attractive stone-built annexe situated in a quiet and private location, at the rear of the owner's home, in the small village of Maxey, just seven miles from the town of Stamford.
An external open tread staircase leads up to this cosy Maxey cottage with views over open countryside.
With an open plan living area and modern compact kitchen, this Maxey cottage offers comfortable accommodation for a couple, plus there is a well-appointed double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
A short stroll from this Maxey cottage brings you to a local real ale pub and fishing lakes, plus there is a shop/Post Office in the village of Northborough, whilst the pretty, small town of Market Deeping lies just two miles away and provides an array of independent shops, pubs and eateries.
The nearby historic town of Stamford is just seven miles away and retains a wealth of old world charm with its picturesque cobbled streets and beautiful limestone buildings.
This Maxey cottage is within easy reach of Burghley House, famous for the horse trials and Rutland Water, a 3,000-acre reservoir offering walking, fishing, cycling and birdwatching.
A lovely Maxey cottage, perfect for a romantic holiday hideaway.
All first floor. One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Oil central heating
- 2-ring electric induction hob, combination microwave/oven, fridge, TV with Freeview, DVD, MP3 dock
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1 mile, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: This property is accessed by an external open tread staircase consisting of 12 steps
- Note: The garages beneath the property are used for storage
- Note: Owner has a small dog and horses
- Note: Horses welcome by arrangement and owner can provide a stable block, floodlit menage and paddock at additional cost
- Note: Owner may be able to supply a breakfast pack, a homemade evening meal on arrival and weekend papers by prior arrangement and at additional cost
- Please contact the owner for more details.
About the location
Market Deeping 2 miles; Stamford 7 miles; Peterborough 7 miles.
Maxey is a small rural village nestled between the towns of Market Deeping and Stamford and offers The Blue Bell pub, which has won real ale awards, and fishing lakes. The area is very popular with walkers and cyclists, plus the historic Lincolnshire market town of Market Deeping is close by with the main street lined with attractive stone buildings and an interesting 15th century church. There are a variety of shops, pubs with tea rooms and a pretty river running through the town. Stamford is a beautiful conservation town renowned for its attractive limestone buildings which are home to a wide range of shops, pubs and tea rooms. The town also offers attractive cobbled streets with a priory, 13th century church, arts centre, museum, micro-brewery and water meadows, where you can have a picnic, feed the birds or enjoy tranquil river walks. The cathedral city of Peterborough is just a short drive away with its wide selection of shops, bars and restaurants and from where you can hop on a train and be in London in less than an hour, plus the Norfolk coast is only an hour and a half drive away.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute