- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A charming Grade II listed Georgian house, superbly situated in the rural Norfolk market town of Downham Market. Well-equipped, and decorated with care and attention given to its furnishings, this Downham Market cottage offers spacious accommodation with a country house feel. This Downham Market cottage enjoys a comfy sitting room with open fire, and a wonderful country kitchen opening into the dining room, with a woodburner and a bay window looking out to the garden. Upstairs, are four comfortable bedrooms and a generous family bathroom with roll-top bath. Outside is an enclosed private lawned garden with table and chairs, where you can just sit back and relax or plan your day ahead. You are ideally placed for visiting the area's many attractions, which include birdwatching at Welney Wetland Centre, coastal RSPB Snettisham and Titchwell. Or, why not visit one of the many stately houses dotted around the area, which include the Queen's estate at Sandringham, Holkham Hall, Houghton Hall, NT Oxburgh Hall and English Heritage Castle Acre Priory? Children will enjoy Church Farm Rare Breeds Centre or Park Farm at Snettisham, and if you still have time to spare, spend a day at one of the local beaches on the Norfolk coastline or county hop into Lincolnshire or Cambridgeshire for the day. A wonderful Downham Market cottage with plenty to keep the family occupied.
Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 2 x single. Bathroom with roll-top bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Utility with WC. Dining room with woodburner. Sitting room with open fire.
Gas central heating with woodburner in dining room and open fire in sitting room. Gas range-style oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, WiFi. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner and open fire inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Travel cot and highchair. Off road parking for 2 cars. Private enclosed rear garden with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shops and pub 5 mins walk. Railway station 10 mins walk. Note: This property is adjacent to a B&B and next door to a garden centre.
- “A wonderful home for a week!”
- “The house was comfortable with plenty of room for everyone. My 2 year old grandson loved it and the garden was great for him to run about in. The house was well stocked with everything you could need. It was well situated for supermarket and take-always although we mainly self catered. Not a lot to do in Downham Market and it is a bit of a drive to the coast but we enjoyed coming 'home' each day. Wells, Blakeney and the North Norfolk coast is well worth visiting. We would recommend a visit to the local station, as well as the local farm if you have children. The weather was kind to us and we had no complaints with the accommodation.”
- “We like to come back again”
- “We spent a fantastic holiday in the house. The house is beautifully furnished, we felt very comfortable. In the near and far it gint much to see and discover. Especially the kitchen and the spacious dining room we liked. We like to come again. Carsten Werner and family”
- “A very beautiful cottage, near Cambridge, Ely and Norwich.”
- “Great cottage! Very homely and comfortable, much bigger than it looked on the website. The open fires were an absolute joy.”
- “We loved the house, it was comfortable and homely and the location was perfect.”
- “Cathedral Way was great. Just round the corner from the town centre. Handy for shopping. Ripon was a delight - friendly people. We recommend it to anyone. The price was also reasonable.”
- “We loved the location, the kitchen, the amazing bath and most of all the garden.”
- “A house full of character; what we Americans would expect as an ideal English cottage! A very nice and helpful owner and a great experience!”
About the location
King’s Lynn 11.5 miles.
The rural Saxon market town of Downham Market is one of the oldest in Norfolk, and is known locally as the gateway to the Fens, renowned for its network of waterways. Downham Market boasts an attractive black and white clock tower in its main square, and hosts a weekly outdoor market on Fridays and Saturdays selling mostly local produce, along with an additional fortnightly Saturday collectables and craft market. On the fringe of the town is the mainline railway station with links to Ely, Cambridge, King's Cross London and King's Lynn. Discover the great outdoors along the Fen Rivers Way footpaths enjoying distinctive Fens landscape rich in history and wildlife, leading to the River Great Ouse with dramatic open sky and the flood banks that protect the low lying Fens. Just a short drive away is Welney's Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust nature reserve, popular with birdwatchers, where you can view nature in action throughout the seasons, including dragonflies, wildflowers and a wealth of water birds. Other interesting places to visit include Ely Cathedral, the historic maritime town of King's Lynn, Wisbech, the Queen's Sandringham Estate, along with the west Norfolk coastal villages, towns and RSPB sites.