- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Isleham 1 mile.
A superb, Scandinavian-style, wooden lodge situated in a private marina on the River Lark, on the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire border, one mile from the village of Isleham.
Idyllically located, the property benefits from free, all year round fishing from its own mooring and has been renovated to a very high standard, with a comfortable, open plan living area and delightful river-fronted garden with decked area, perfect for dining alfresco.
Enjoy a free trip on the river in the owner's rowing boat, or take in the lovely surrounding countryside.
Fishing can be enjoyed on the river, while there are five golf courses within a 20-minute drive.
With Newmarket and Ely a short drive away, this is a superb location in which to relax and unwind.
Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin (limited headroom) with balcony overlooking dining area. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin & WC. Open plan living area with kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area & sitting area, with patio doors leading on to veranda. Note: Double room is separated from living area by a curtain.
- Gas central heating with underfloor heating in shower room
- Air conditioning
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, 2 x TVs (one with digibox), DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, library of books/games/DVDs
- All fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Lawned garden with patio & veranda
- Decked area with garden furniture
- One small well-behaved dog welcome by arrangement
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops & pubs 1 mile
- Note: Unfenced river at bottom of garden, children to be supervised
- Note: Narrow spiral staircase may be unsuitable for the less mobile
- Note: Pets not to be left in property unattended
- Note: This property requires a £100 refundable Good Housekeeping bond for guests bringing a dog.
About the location
Newmarket 9 miles; Ely 10 miles.
The rural village of Isleham lies in the south east corner of Cambridgeshire, close to the towns of Newmarket and Ely. With the River Lark running alongside the village, this is a delightful, idyllic area to enjoy as part of a relaxing break. The village boasts three churches, three good pubs, a 24 hour Co-op supermarket and a post office, as well as being within 20 minutes' drive of five good golf courses. Free fishing is available all year round on the River Lark, and with the lovely towns of Newmarket and Ely within easy driving distance, this is a great base from which to explore this lovely part of Cambridgeshire.