- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
Downham Market 3 miles.
A pretty, mid-terrace stone cottage set in a rural location, three miles from the charming Saxon market town of DownhamMarket.
Renovated to a high standard, this Downham Market cottage is the ideal holiday retreat for couples or small families looking to enjoy the Fens' open countryside, with rich wildlife and a network of waterways.
With a cosy, tiled sitting room and modern kitchen with breakfast bar, this Downham Market cottage is warm and comfortable, whilst upstairs, are two pretty bedrooms with views over the surrounding fields.
To the rear of this Norfolk cottage is a small lawned garden, a lovely spot to sit and relax with a morning cup of coffee.
The town of Downham Market has an attractive central square with a beautiful black and white clock tower, and hosts twice-weekly markets of local produce, with a variety of traditional tea rooms, inns and individual shops.
With attractions such as the Denver Windmill complex, Oxburgh Hall and Welney's nature reserve, this Norfolk cottage provides a fine base for an enjoyable holiday.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x 4ft double (accessed from one side only). Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove and dining area.
- Electric panel heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Bike shed
- Enclosed lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 miles.
- Last minute
- “Relaxing Break”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay this year and would highly recommend this property.”
- “Returning visitors to both this cottage and this County.We really enjoy our visits here and have no hesitation to recommend this to others.Lovely compact cottage well kitted out in great setting.”
- “Set in the countryside, the cottage was very pretty and cosy. It was warm and had a lovely garden to sit in and enjoy a glass of wine in the evening.”
- “A very clean, very nice little cottage, ideal for a family or 2 couples. The garden was absolutely lovely, really nice to sit and relax in. Would definitely recommend to anyone wishing to stay in the area.”
- “The property was spotlessly clean and all the little homely surprises left by the owner were fantastic and well thought out. I would highly recommend this cottage and would stay there again.”
- “This cottage was lovely. There was a bottle of wine and some fresh eggs there with a message on them. Was a lovely welcome. Had a lovely time and would definitely return.”
- “We had a really lovely weekend stay at 2 Watering Cottages and highly recommend it. The cottage was very clean, cosy, comfortable and well presented. There were some really thoughtful and much appreciated surprises left by the owners, which made us feel very welcome when we arrived. The beds were very comfy and had lovely cotton bedsheets - nice thick towels were also provided. We very much enjoyed our weekend and would have liked to stay longer. Many thanks!”
- “Really enjoyed our stay here. Very quiet location, but still within easy distance of surrounding towns. Would definitely recommend and hope to return again in the near future.”
- “This cottage has been the best we have stayed in, bar none.”
- “We had a really great break at 2 Watering Cottages - clean, cosy, warm welcoming and quiet; a lovely place to stay! We would certainly recommend the cottage to friends.”
- “Cottage was warm, cosy and welcoming, beds very comfy, duvet and pillows were lovely quality. The cottage was perfect for our needs and great if you have a dog, as there are fantastic walks feet away from the front door. Would definitely stay again if we needed to. Owners very friendly.”
About the location
King’s Lynn 11.5 miles.
The rural Saxon market town of Downham Market is one of the oldest in Norfolk, and is known locally as the gateway to the Fens, renowned for its network of waterways. Downham Market boasts an attractive black and white clock tower in its main square, and hosts a weekly outdoor market on Fridays and Saturdays selling mostly local produce, along with an additional fortnightly Saturday collectables and craft market. On the fringe of the town is the mainline railway station with links to Ely, Cambridge, King's Cross London and King's Lynn. Discover the great outdoors along the Fen Rivers Way footpaths enjoying distinctive Fens landscape rich in history and wildlife, leading to the River Great Ouse with dramatic open sky and the flood banks that protect the low lying Fens. Just a short drive away is Welney's Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust nature reserve, popular with birdwatchers, where you can view nature in action throughout the seasons, including dragonflies, wildflowers and a wealth of water birds. Other interesting places to visit include Ely Cathedral, the historic maritime town of King's Lynn, Wisbech, the Queen's Sandringham Estate, along with the west Norfolk coastal villages, towns and RSPB sites.