- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A semi-detached barn conversion in a quiet rural location within the heart of the Cornish countryside, just six miles from a wealth of beautiful beaches around Newquay and just five miles from Newquay Airport. Situated next door to the owner and within a group of sympathetically restored barns, this lovely Newquay cottage provides a quiet hideaway for family holidays. Furnished in traditional style, this cottage near St Columb Major combines character with charm. Arranged in an upside down manner to make full use of the beautiful views, the sitting room of the first floor of this Newquay cottage is spacious enough for two families to get together over a meal in the dining area, and the two bathrooms and four bedrooms ensure that every guest enjoys a comfortable and relaxing stay. This St Columb Major cottage has a private garden with seating, an ideal space for relaxing and enjoying the quiet countryside atmosphere. There’s also a secure place available to store bikes and surfboards, and an area for wetsuits to be rinsed and dried is also available. Within six miles of the cottage, Newquay offers many world-class beaches, which are all family-friendly and safe, whether you wish to surf, kayak, swim or simply paddle in the rock pools. Cycling trails in this area are superb, including the Camel Trail, and Cardinham Woods, which are only a short drive away. There are stunning sub-tropical gardens, Newquay Zoo and Aquarium, plus endless walks along the South West Coast Path. A fabulous granite-built St Columb Major cottage with plenty of Cornish character and exciting activities nearby.
Four bedrooms: 2 x ground floor double, 1 x ground floor twin, 1 x children's bunks. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor kitchen. First floor sitting room with dining area and gas fire.
- Gas central heating with gas fire
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair and stairgate
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private enclosed, front lawned garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 3 miles
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
- Last minute
- “This property is to be highly recommended! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in a wonderful cottage in peaceful surroundings. The special touches the owner had added were wonderful. A real home from home.”
- “This is a fantastic cottage, very well equipped, beautifully decorated and in an idyllic location. The owners are lovely, very friendly and welcoming which made the holiday a special holiday. We are definitely going to book again. I would give it a score of 10 out of 10 and have recommended it to both friends and family.”
- “The cottage was everything we needed and the facility's were great. The owners were superb in all our dealings and went a lot more than the extra mile, many thanks for a great holiday.”
About the location
WHITE CROSS NEAR NEWQUAY
Saint Columb Major 3 miles; Newquay 6 miles; Padstow 12 miles.
The quaint little village of White Cross sits in Cornwall’s quiet countryside, three miles from Saint Columb Major and just five miles from the North Cornish coast. The resort attractions of Newquay include bars, clubs, a zoo, vibrant shops, a national surfing centre just 7 miles away, whilst within twenty minutes drive, the sleepy fishing port of Padstow with its quaint harbour, can be found. In between lies a beautiful section of the South West coast path, winding its way over the cliff tops, down to tranquil coves and across some of the region's best beaches. Stately homes, tropical gardens, adventure playgrounds and theme parks, model railways, fishing lakes and golf courses – all this and more are within a short drive.