- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A Grade II listed terraced cottage, part of Tremayne House, set in landscaped grounds on the outskirts of Bodmin.
Set in a quiet location, this beautifully refurbished 19th century Bodmin cottage provides a comfortable stay for a family or group of friends.
There are three first floor bedrooms at this Bodmin cottage, whilst on the ground floor is an open plan living area with a fitted kitchen and a sitting area along with a useful utility room.
Outside this cottage in Bodmin is plenty of parking and the grounds provide an attractive backdrop for a morning stroll or somewhere to sit and relax as you ponder your next day's adventures.
There is a short walk into Bodmin which has plenty to keep you occupied including a ride on a steam train, a selection of local shops or lunch in one of the pubs in the town.
The wild landscape of Bodmin Moor is on the doorstep with mythical legends, ancient rocks and plentiful walks.
Just a 20-minute drive from this Bodmin cottage is the dramatic and inviting North Cornwall coastline, with many small rocky coves and popular sandy surfing beaches.
An interesting base to explore the best of Cornwall.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x adult bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area. Utility with basin and WC.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven, convection hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, CD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Allocated off road parking for 1 car with ample roadside parking on opposite side of road
- Communal garden with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic Cottage, very spacious, clean and welcoming in an excellent location :)”
- “The location of the cottage was fantastic, easy to find, our own parking space...quiet, yet within easy reach of everything, the hospital was only a 3 minute drive away, as was Sainsbury's. And Asda'a only a few minutes more. The interior was perfect, decorated well, as was the outside of the cottage. It was a lot bigger than we thought it would be for a cottage, rooms very spacious. Everything was clean, tidy and very very welcoming. Having wi-fi was a big incentive, helped plan our days each evening. Kitchen very well equipped, dishwasher, plenty of crockery. A few board games and puzzles were left, which also helped keep the kids entertained. In the little washroom/wc a washer/dryer, which came in very very handy. Bodmin Jail was only a few miles away and that was an excellent few hours out, well worth the money paid to go. Castles in abundance including Tintagel and Pendennis, all of which were fascinating. Bodmin Moors was great to drive around the little lanes, including finding Dozmary Pond. Even though the weather was a bit lousy, rain, wind etc... we have had the most fantastic week. Made a huge difference being able to return to a warm, dry cottage.”
- “A cosy and beautifully presented cottage . That was clean and had everything you would possibly want . It felt like home . Definitely a five star we would recommend it to anyone .”
- “The Wifi was a great advantage. The Cottage was well equipped and in a very pleasant location. On the whole, a very pleasant experience and would stay again if in the area.”
- “The location of the cottage was fantastic, quiet, yet within easy reach of everything. The interior was perfect, decorated well, as was the outside of the cottage. It was a lot bigger than we thought it would be for a cottage, rooms very spacious. Everything was clean, tidy and very very welcoming. Having wi-fi was a big incentive, and it kept the kids entertained on their computers. Not one argument :) Kitchen very well equipped. Bodmin Jail was only a few miles away and that was an excellent few hours out, well worth the money paid to go, castles in abundance including Tintagel and Pendennis, all of which were fascinating. Bodmin Moors was great to drive around the little lanes, including finding Dozmary Pond. Even though the weather was a bit lousy, rain, wind etc... we have had the most fantastic week. Made a huge difference being able to return to a warm, dry cottage.”
- “Centrally located for what we wanted to do. Friendly and helpful neighbours. Good weather -only rained one day. Good accommodation - would book same property again if ever we decide to return to Cornwall and the cottage was still available.”
- “Great central location, Bodmin Jail was a great couple of hours for the family! The cottage was better than I was hoping for having never booked a self catering cottage previously; really lovely.”
About the location
Lostwithiel 6 miles; St. Austell 13 miles; Padstow 16 miles; Newquay 21 miles.
Bodmin, the one time County Town of Cornwall with its narrow streets, shops and pubs, is perfectly placed for exploring all that this fabulous holiday area has to offer. The outstanding surf, rugged cliffs and hidden coves of the north coast beaches and the quieter sands and river estuaries of the south coast are both 15 miles away while on the edge of town is the fascinating museum and haunting presence of the old Bodmin Jail. The popular Camel Trail for cyclists and walkers also winds its way through the town on its journey to the sea at Padstow. Close by are the open spaces and wind swept grandeur of Bodmin Moor while the incomparable Eden Project (11 miles), Falmouth’s National Maritime Museum (30 miles) and the beautiful harbour town of Padstow with its famous pubs and restaurants (16 miles) make for great days out. There is a good choice of country pubs and restaurants in the surrounding area.