- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
A lovely, stone-built barn conversion adjacent to the owner's home, situated on the edge of the rural village of Dobwalls, 3 miles from Liskeard. The property is decorated and furnished to a good standard throughout and offers comfortable accommodation over one floor, including one double bedroom and a compact open plan living area with modern fitted kitchen and cosy sitting and dining areas. The property also offers a small outdoor seating area, perfect for sitting out and enjoying the wonderful views of the surrounding fields and valley beyond. This is a superb base for touring South and East Cornwall, with good countryside walks to be enjoyed along the surrounding lanes and on nearby Bodmin Moor. The charming fishing villages of Looe and Polperro are within easy reach and are well worth a visit, as is the wonderful south Cornish coastline. With the Eden project within 15 miles and the maritime city of Plymouth just an easy drive or train ride away, this is an ideal base for a relaxing break. Note: This Cornwall cottage can be booked with Ref. 1734 to sleep 4.
All ground floor. One double bedroom. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Compact, open plan living area with fitted kitchen, small dining area and sitting area.
- Wall-mounted electric convector radiators
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, 32" flat screen full HD TV with recordable Freeview, DVD
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Small outdoor seating area with furniture
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: There is a railway line within 300 yards shielded by mature trees and the owner's home
- Trains have a 20mph speed restriction
- Note: No infants.
- “Our second year staying here..fab little cottage in lovely setting..20 minutes from looe and within easy driving distance to lots of popular destinations. Thecottage itself is spotlessly clean and tidy..Barry and Janet the owners are fab and happy to help with any queries. We will be returning again in 2015!! Excellent!”
- “Hidden away Little Cottage”
- “Every thing was lovely except the narrow, long, unlit lane. Milk and a bottle of wine was left for us by Barry and his Wife ,Such a lovely Gesture , The place was spotless , and had every thing for a cozy stay , self catering , and will return again in the summer and Recommend the cottage , We are looking forward to returning .”
- “Everything Thought of and More!!!”
- “The cottage was extremely comfortable and every detail was thought of, including salt & pepper, tea towels etc etc. The owners were extremely pleasant and we were made to feel welcome and at home. Our every need was thought of. The cottage was in a lovely tranquil spot and very quiet. The only down side was it was placed an extremely long way for any sort of evening entertainment. There was a local pub but if you walked there it was up very dark narrow lanes. We are used to going out in the evening but found it very hard to do this with one person having to drive and cabs into Looe and back each night would have been very expensive.”
- “Dobwalls delight.”
- “Fabulous accomodation,clean,airy,every possible need thought of,tastefully decorated.Use of huge garden,containing goats,chickens,lovely to walk down and feed the goats in the mornings,and have fresh eggs for breakfast.Very quiet location,down a single track road,plenty of walks,2 pubs with good grub,a handy shop in the village.the owners were on hand for any information or help required,we have been to Cornwall many times,this was a complete delight,and would certainly spend another holiday there.”
- “Peaceful setting”
- “Lovely setting, perfect for getting around cornwall. The cottage was well equiped and really lovely, peaceful setting. the weather was gorgeous which made our week perfect,even had chance to use the BBQ provided. Thank you”
- “A very peaceful location”
- “We were made to feel very welcome by the owners who live onsite. The welcome pack on arrival - milk, eggs and a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge were a very nice touch. The cottage was compact but very clean and sufficient for 2 people.”
- “Barn conversion in Cornwall”
- “This compact,cute home was in an excellent, central location for visiting all areas of Cornwall, which was lovely. I did miss having a washing machine. The owners, who live near, were very friendly and helpful but not intrusive.”
- “The cottage was really clean and comfortable. I would recommend this cottage to anyone as a great place to stay .”
- “The Owners were great. They were very informative about places to visit. The cottage was in a quiet location so just what we needed and the weather was perfect.”
- “Owners were very friendly and helpful and discretely available. The location was very central to all the places we wanted to visit. Really quiet location. A very comfortable and well equipped little cottage with lots of information about the local area available. One of the best holiday homes we have stayed in.”
About the location
Liskeard 3 miles; Looe 8 miles.
The rural village of Dobwalls is surrounded by open fields and wooded countryside, and is close to the market town of Liskeard, the slopes of Bodmin Moor and the glorious southern Cornish coastline. This is a perfect base for exploring the many delights the region has to offer, with the picturesque fishing harbours of Looe and Polperro within 8 miles. Take a trip to Siblyback Lake and enjoy the wonderful sailing, fishing and watersports on offer, or travel a little further and take advantage of the superb walking on Bodmin Moor. The Eden project is within 15 miles and Plymouth is just a 30 minute drive, or 15 minute train ride from nearby Liskeard station. With its old harbour district, renowned aquarium, and good selection of shops, restaurants and theatres, this is a great holiday base.