- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A detached 1930s cottage refurbished to a high standard and providing ample family accommodation in the attractive village of Stratton, just two miles from the North Cornwall coast.
This Stratton cottage is ideal for a family holiday with two bedrooms, both with TV and DVD, and a sitting room and dining room, both with electric fires, ensuring that you have a warm welcome all year round.
There is a contemporary fitted kitchen with breakfast bar at this Stratton cottage, guaranteeing the family a relaxing stay.
The village of Stratton has an excellent community spirit with traditional pubs and local shops, whilst being only a short drive from Bude's full range of amenities and beach life with miles of sand, safe swimming and clean surf.
Much of the coastline in this area is owned by the National Trust and is a haven for wildlife, providing fabulous walking opportunities.
There are many pretty coves and inlets to discover within a short drive of this Stratton cottage including Crackington Haven, Boscastle and Morwenstow, whilst further afield the popular fishing port of Padstow is a popular tourist destination.
A welcoming Stratton cottage from which to explore the richness of the North Cornwall coastal area.
Two bedrooms with TV and DVD: 1 x double, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Fitted kitchen. Dining room with electric fire. Sitting room with sofa bed and electric fire. Conservatory.
- Gas central heating with electric fires in dining and sitting rooms
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, 3 x DVDs, TV/DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike and surfboard store
- Enclosed garden at front and rear
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk.
- Last minute
- “Fantastic comfortable house”
- “We had a great 4 week stay. The house was spacious, comfortable and very clean. We wanted for nothing, so well equipped and 4 televisions as well. Great pub meals.”
- “Perfect holiday cottage”
- “The cottage was absolutely perfect for our stay in Cornwall, it is spacious, clean, well presented, and with everything provided, even free wi-fi. The owner even sent me a text beforehand to say that we could arrive early and leave late if that suited us better. Stratton itself is a small village with 2 pubs, the food was excellent, and they both allow dogs which is great. Last year was very wet, and the week of our holiday was no exception, but despite the weather we had a great time with the dog, everywhere is very dog-friendly, and we visited a lot of great places including Port Isaac which appealed to my Mum because she watches Doc Martin! All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend the cottage and North Cornwall for a holiday with or without your four legged friend.”
- “A comfy hideaway”
- “Wd had a wonderful time here and were extremely comfortable as soon as we walked through the door. It was brilliant for our dog who is very good at getting uptown mischief. There are some lovely beaches nearby, our favourite was Sandymouth which is dog friendly. There was a fantastic dog and people friendly pub called the Kings arms nearby. There was also plenty of shops and amenities in Bude and Tintagel is definitely worth a visit.”
- “My Opinion”
- “The property had every facility one could wish for, the only complaint was that the rear facing lounge needed either thick lined curtains, or some decent dark coloured blinds to keep the sun from shining into the room, and all but obliterating the picture on the television screen, otherwise I have no complaints.”
- “in general a very pleasant property,very spaceous and had everything needed for a good holiday. However the main bedroom in the loft conversion although a lovely space was a bit awkward . The stairs were very steep to this room and l would not recommend it either for very young children or elderly people. Of course it would be OK if only the ground floor was used as this could accomadate 4 people anyway.”
- “This was our third year running we had visited this cottage. The very high standard has been maintained throughout the three years. With the enclosed garden which is good for the dog and the off-road parking makes the cottage an ideal relaxing holiday cottage.”
- “We found the accommodation exceeded our expectations. The owners were very obliging indeed in making sure all was on hand in their house to accommodate us. We would highly recommend.”
- “Just like a home from home - everything was perfect for us. Would love to go back there again. The owners couldn't have made any improvements on what they were offering. Well done.”
- “The cottage and location were excellent, it was very clean with everything you could possibly want. This was our second visit and hopefully not our last. I would recommend it to anyone. The owners have thought of everything a person could need, three cheers for the owners.”
- “Outlook was situated in a great location. There was a lovely garden and the cottage was very well equipped with many thoughtful touches e.g.the huge amount of good quality towels.”
- “A lovely warm, clean and spacious property.”
- “It was a definite home from home. It was everything that the website said and more. Lovely garden completely enclosed. Centrally located to tour the sights of Cornwall.”
- “Easy access to town, coastal walks and the beaches. A warm and cosy cottage with a safe enclosed drive and garden for the dog.”
- “Very clean, comfortable and cosy, the garden was really secure and well equipped, brilliant for the dog. It was also very easy to get to Bude and all beaches and shops it provides, also within walking distance to the 2 pubs in Stratton.”
- “A beautiful bungalow, with everything to hand including Doctors, vet and dentist if needed. The bungalow was very well equipped and well thought out and on top of all that, beautiful unbroken sunshine all week, what more could you want. Hope to go to the same place next year.”
- “The owners have clearly worked hard to maintain high standards throughout the property. It was a true home from home - the cottage contained pretty much everything you would want from a holiday home and a few extras besides. They provide the little things that make a big difference to you feeling immediately settled; a fabulous welcome pack, property guide etc.”
- “The cottage was extremely well equipped and we had everything we needed for our stay. It was lovely to have such a nice welcome pack when we arrived and the cupboard full of towels was also useful. The cottage was really well presented and very comfortable. We would definitely stay again.”
About the location
Bude 2.5 miles.
A peaceful, picturesque village close to the resort town of Bude, one of Cornwall’s premier holiday locations. With its lovely old church, winding streets and atmospheric village pubs it’s a place to relax after a hard day exploring the stunning beaches and spectacular coastal scenery for which the area is famous. Bude’s beaches attract surfers from all over the country and when conditions are right you’d be hard pushed to find better surf. When the tide is out, miles of golden sand and hundreds of rocky pools keep visitors occupied for hours. The SW coast path and many other rights of way winding over the cliff tops and through lush green fields looking out over the sea are a haven for walkers and lovers of the open countryside while a good shopping centre and a selection of pubs, clubs and restaurants take care of the inner person. Bude canal, a registered nature reserve passes through the town and rowing a boat through its calm waters or walking the towpath among the beautiful (and friendly) water fowl that live among the reeds is a great way to spend an hour or two. Within the town there are also 2 golf courses, an indoor swimming pool, bowling alley and leisure centre. A perfect location for all that North Cornwall has to offer