- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A terraced stone Cornish cottage in the former mining town of Camborne. With exposed stone walls, slate windowsills and beams, this family Camborne cottage combines character with modern living. Downstairs, this Camborne cottage has a large sitting room with TV, a separate dining room with TV, a kitchen and the family bathroom. Upstairs are three comfortable bedrooms. With a quiet sunny courtyard garden and off road parking, this Camborne cottage provides ideal accommodation for families who will enjoy the local beaches, a ten minute drive north of Camborne. The town itself is steeped in mining heritage and the interesting town trail, plus the expansive Heartlands tourist park will ensure that there is plenty to do in addition to the wonderful Cornish beaches. Camborne is ideal for exploring the extremities of the Cornish peninsula, as Land's End is only 25 miles away and the popular fishing village of St Ives is half an hour's drive. A stay at this cosy family Camborne cottage will leave you feeling refreshed and wanting to return to Cornwall.
Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single, 1 x adult bunks. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen. Dining room. Sitting room with electric woodburner-effect stove.
- Gas central heating with electric stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request (no cot bedding provided)
- Off road parking for 1 car, additional roadside parking in front of cottage
- Courtyard garden with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop, pub and fish and chip shop 8 mins walk.
- “This is a beautiful, tastefully decorated cottage. We were very impressed with the décor & well stocked kitchen. The property was larger than expected & the beds & bedding were very comfortable. The owners couldn't have been more helpful, there is also a lovely view out of the kitchen window. If we re-visit the area we would gladly book again.”
- “The cottage is very nice and clean, good for the price.”
About the location
Portreath 4.5 miles; Hayle 7 miles.
Camborne lies in the heart of a former mining community and was well known for its “Queen of Cornish Mines" - the Dolcoath copper and tin mine, the deepest in Cornwall. Today, Camborne is home to Heartlands, a community space covering 19 acres and scattered with remnants of the mining industry, providing a free space for visitors to explore the heritage of Cornwall, browse art and craft projects, stroll through the gardens and sit and share a picnic or enjoy lunch at the Red River Café. From Camborne centre you can follow an interesting town trail, or spend the afternoon in the museum before visiting the array of shops and pubs. A ten-minute drive from Camborne brings you to a wealth of sandy Cornish beaches including Portreath, Gwithian and Porthtowan. Camborne is ideal for exploring Land’s End, the Lizard Peninsula, Truro and the Eden Project, which are all less than an hour’s drive away, ideal for a day trip.