- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A delightful Gold Award-winning bungalow in quiet cul-de-sac in the Cornish village of Egloskerry, near Launceston.
This Egloskerry cottage is well presented and provides spacious family accommodation, a delightful home-from-home.
The light and airy sitting room provides the perfect spot for enjoying the views of the pretty garden, and the addition of a cosy woodburner means you can enjoy those views throughout the year, no matter the weather outside.
The kitchen with dining area is very well equipped, and opens onto the rear garden with its lawn and BBQ area, making it ideal for family meals both inside and out.
This Egloskerry cottage offers easy access to some wonderful countryside walks, some leading to Newmills, from where the railway line has been restored for steam trains to Launceston.
The train runs at certain times of the year and offers a nostalgic five mile round trip through the beautiful Kensey Valley, and a stop at Launceston is a must, for a visit to the castle which dominates the town and to take in the views from the battlements.
Roadford Reservoir, half an hour's drive from this Egloskerry cottage, is the largest lake for watersports in the south west.
Enjoy sailing and windsurfing tuition, or for rainy day activities in the area, try out the exciting high rope course or the indoor climbing wall.
The wilds of Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor are both within easy reach, where families will love to horse ride, hike and cycle the interesting terrain, or you may wish to have a round of golf at the renowned St Mellion club which is close by.
Within thirty miles of this Cornish cottage are the South West’s three main cities of Plymouth, Exeter and Truro, whilst within ten miles are a range of superb Cornish beaches.
A wonderful Egloskerry cottage with some great rural pursuits on the doorstep.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with freestanding bath, separate shower and basin. Separate WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Wood pellet biomass central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture
- Three behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 3 miles
- Note: There are steep steps to the garden and also a drop at the back of the garden, please ensure children are supervised.
- “Home without the stairs”
- “A most enjoyable stay and the dog loved it too with an enclosed garden to play and explore. The garden was wonderful, we spent every dry evening outside. The cottage was very comfortable and large enough for a large family as it sleeps 6. A welcome pack including tea coffee biscuits was a nice surprise. Heating is via a solid fuel burner which you may have to top up every second day but its an easy task. There was a large collection of dvds available as well as wifi internet. Sited in a sleepy village with shops a short drive away. We would go back again given the chance.”
- “Very quite, very peaceful”
- “Lovely location, beautiful scenery, people very friendly, You need a car as local shop is 10 mins away, pubs also about 10min drive. If you want to relax in a very peaceful environment this is the place to go.”
- “Pet friendly. Peaceful. Near great beaches and amenities.”
- “The owners are very friendly and helpful. The house is spotlessly clean and the kitchen really well equipped. Towels and bed linen included and bed linen is lovely and comfortable. Dog friendly with totally enclosed garden dog biscuit treats included and a supply of poo bags. There is a lot of local onformation supplied to help find the best facilities and deals locally.”
- “A lovely home from home, our second stay. Nice secure garden for dog. No traffic noise.”
- “The garden was excellent for our 2 dogs, they absolutely loved exploring it, and we didn't have to worry about them disappearing as it was completely enclosed. Also the owners were brilliant, everything was explained to us thoroughly when we arrived, and they were always on hand if we needed anything. Nothing was too much trouble for them.”
- “The property was warm and welcoming and is set in a quiet rural hamlet.”
- “A comfortable cottage with everything needed for a weeks holiday, dishwasher, washing machine and iron etc. Wifi is important too these days especially with limited phone networks you find in the remote villages. The secure garden allowed relaxed evenings without worrying about the dog getting loose. The welcome hamper was a nice touch, letting us have a nice cuppa tea and biscuit after our long drive, before unpacking. Cosy living room but too warm to make use of the log burner”
- “This was our second holiday at 5 Well Meadow we liked it because it was like being home from home the owners as usual gave us a good welcome into their lovely home, and I am so pleased that they have been awarded the Gold 3 Stars they thoroughly deserve it.”
- “The friendliness of the owner, they were there to answer any questions or queries nothing was to much for then. the area was just right quite and relaxing. even the other neighbours in the street were welcoming.”
- “The owners were friendly and helpful. The place was totally dog friendly with an enclosed garden and dog biscuit treats and poo bags provided. It is spotlessly clean. Kitchen was well equipped. It's a very quiet peaceful spot. Bed linen was lovely satinised cotton.”
About the location
Launceston 4 miles.
The pretty village of Egloskerry sits 4 miles west of Launceston, quietly resting amongst the beautiful green meadows of the upper Tamar Valley. An ideal place for those seeking the solitude of the countryside, this whole area offers an abundance of winding country lanes, wooded valleys and great wildlife spotting opportunities. The nearby reservoir at Roadford offers fishing, sailing and water sports, providing a great day out for all, whilst the Tamar Otter Park and the nearby golf course are not to be missed. With the town of Launceston, with its many shops, pubs, restaurants, ruined Norman castle and steam railway just a short drive away, as well as the beaches of North Cornwall and the wilds of Dartmoor and Bodmin Moor within easy reach, this great location has plenty to offer.