- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
Mabe 1 mile. Located in tranquil open countryside just one mile from Mabe, this compact but well-appointed barn conversion is part of a small collection of holiday properties, next door to the owner&
Offering cosy but comfortable ground floor accommodation, the cottage is decorated and finished to a high standard, and is perfectly placed for exploring the gentler south coast or the rocky coves and high cliffs towards Land&
8217;s End and the far west.
Whether you want to walk through open fields, picnic by the riverside, laze on a sunny beach or take a boat trip up river to see the sights, it&
8217;s all within a short drive.
The area boasts several top-quality country pubs and restaurants, and for anglers there is also coarse and trout fishing on nearby Argal Lake (1/2 mile).
A superb location for a relaxing break.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single bed with pull-out bed beneath. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Compact, modern and well-equipped kitchen and living areas with breakfast bar dining area. Enclosed patio with furniture.
- Oil central heating
- Electric cooker, larder fridge, microwave, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Off road parking for one car
- Enclosed patio area with garden furniture
- Sorry, no pets
- Shop and pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “great find”
- “This cottage is a really well presented holiday let it has its own sitting out area the whole cottage is well thought out having two bedrooms separated by the living/kitchen area. we were greeted by the owner on our arrival who showed us the ins & outs of the place. although we did not need to the owner was on hand most of the time & very friendly. we would go back there should we visit Cornwall again. The cottage is within a courtyard with two other holiday lets the courtyard serves as a parking place & is quite open. My wife & I reccomend this place highly”
- “wonderful cottage in rural local”
- “The cottage was reached by a narrow-ish country lane, but it was in a superb location. It was quiet with plenty of walking opportunities, but with plenty to do within a couple of miles drive. The cottage was tastefully decorated and well equipped, and the owners were fabulous. It was very good value for money”
- “Winter Break, Cornwall”
- “My wife and I stayed at Dairy Cottage in Mabe for a few days in January 2010. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would certainly use the cottage again whenever we stay in that part of the world. It was warm and cosy and well equiped, and kept nicely clean by the owner. The later was very friendly and helpful. Easy parking is available right outside the cottage. My only concern is that the lounge area is rather small: fine for two, probably OK for three --- but I am glad there weren't four of us (and there are two double bedrooms.) But for two (or three) people wanting a nice little place in a lovely area, at very reasonable rates --- 'just the job'.”
- “proper job”
- “after receiving a very warm welcome we settled in easily,cottage very clean and comfortable in a peaceful surrounding.the lively town of falmouth only a few minutes drive away and all the cornish fishing villages easily with a short drive a small shop about 1 mile away in mabe as is the nearest pub for those wishing to shop/stock up for the week a large asda supermarket/petrol station only 2 miles away all in all a very good holiday had and can recommend to others”
- “dairy cottage”
- “quiet and relaxing location, easy reach of Falmouth, good park & ride, pensioners can park free all day and use bus passes to travel around Cornwall. Newquay is an easy day trip.Ideal cottage for self catering 10 minutes drive from huge asda”
- “Very Enjoyable”
- “Excellent, friendly and very approachable. The cottage was clean and comfortable with all equipment neccassary for our stay. The location was very rural and quite away from the hustle and busly of the seaside towns a perfect retreat. Yet within easy reach of the towns and vistor attractions. The location of the cottage and the quaint villages, nothing to dislike.”
- “Loved the quiet location in this pretty area of Cornwall. The accommodation was comfortable and clean. The owner close by and welcoming.”
- “The cottage was excellent, warm and cosy. It was a short distance to amenities, but in the countryside. The owner was a very pleasant lady, and friendly. The countryside was lovely, there was lots to do. We had a great holiday.”
- “The area was lovely and quiet. The owner couldn't do enough for us and the weather was lovely. We would go there again and recommend to friends and family.”
- “The property is well situated for exploring the whole of the south west peninsula and is conveniently close to Falmouth for shopping etc.”
- “Overall a great location and the cottage was perfect for our needs .The owner was very welcoming - a perfect holiday . Thank you”
- “Nice cosy cottage, friendly welcome by owners, easy access to Falmouth and surroundings.”
About the location
Falmouth 4 miles; Truro 10 miles.
A small hamlet just 4 miles from the maritime town and harbour of Falmouth. The surrounding countryside offers rolling fields, country lanes and misty, atmospheric creeks that wind their way inland from the sea through deep, wooded valleys. The area is perfect for lovers of breathtaking countryside, for enjoying time in boats and for long country walks. Falmouth, with its magnificent natural harbour (third largest in the world), winding streets and beaches will keep you occupied for hours. Its old harbour-side pubs, excellent shopping, Pendennis Castle and the stunning new National Maritime Museum complete the picture. Across the harbour is the beautiful town of St Mawes, surrounded by the rocky coves, sandy beaches and lush green countryside of the Roseland Peninsula. Go there by car (15 miles) or take the passenger ferry from Falmouth (15 minutes).