- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
In stunning farmland close to the Helford River, this cosy Mabe cottage in a tranquil hamlet four miles from Falmouth makes an ideal base for exploring the nearby coastline.
Built of stone and over four levels, this delightfully compact cottage is simply but tastefully furnished, and with the beautiful surroundings and abundant wildlife, it gives a true taste of country life.
Wander through the area's renowned gardens, discover the coastline with its rocky coves, river inlets and sandy beaches leading down the coast toward the Lizard, tramp along miles of riverside footpaths, explore quaint fishing villages, find a hidden cove for a picnic or take a boat trip up river to Falmouth or across to St Mawes - it's all within a short drive from this superb Cornish cottage.
Note: This cottage is on the same farm as Ref 2864 and Ref 3619, and together they accommodate 19.
Over four floors.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double with basin & shower cubicle, 1 x 2nd floor eaves double with basin (steep stairs, limited headroom). WC with basin. Upper-ground floor kitchen. Lower-ground floor sitting room with dining area.
- Full oil-fired central heating
- Electric cooker with built-in fan-assisted oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, colour TV, DVD player
- All fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot & highchair
- Small sitting area outside cottage with table and chairs
- Off road parking for two cars
- Sorry, no smoking and no pets
- Shop, pub and supermarket 1.5 miles
- Note: Although this property does not accept pets the owners’ dogs occasionally stay in the property
- Note: Steep stairs to second floor double make it unsuitable for young children or the infirm
- Note: The only shower is located in first floor bedroom.
About the location
Falmouth 4 miles; Truro 10 miles.
A small hamlet just 4 miles from the maritime town and harbour of Falmouth. The surrounding countryside offers rolling fields, country lanes and misty, atmospheric creeks that wind their way inland from the sea through deep, wooded valleys. The area is perfect for lovers of breathtaking countryside, for enjoying time in boats and for long country walks. Falmouth, with its magnificent natural harbour (third largest in the world), winding streets and beaches will keep you occupied for hours. Its old harbour-side pubs, excellent shopping, Pendennis Castle and the stunning new National Maritime Museum complete the picture. Across the harbour is the beautiful town of St Mawes, surrounded by the rocky coves, sandy beaches and lush green countryside of the Roseland Peninsula. Go there by car (15 miles) or take the passenger ferry from Falmouth (15 minutes).
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute