- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Pentewan 1 mile. This cosy, detached one-time coachman's cottage nestles on a wooded hillside, just 1 mile from the sandy expanse of Pentewan Beach, and just 3 miles from Mevagissey's shops, restaurants and fishing harbour. Close to the owner's house, this thoughtfully presented Cornwall cottage, with its welcoming, relaxing atmosphere, makes an ideal base for exploring the many attractions of the 'Cornish Riviera' coast. From the cottage, there are some views of the beautiful two-acre garden, which guests are free to wander. Pentewan village, a fifteen minute walk away, has a small shop, cycle hire, restaurant and pub, and abuts the adjacent Pentewan Sands, a safe and popular sandy beach. Another walking trail passes nearby on its route to The Lost Gardens of Heligan (2 miles) and on to the beautiful fishing harbour at Mevagissey. With several beaches, countless gardens, superb coastal walking, the Eden Project and the Roseland Peninsula all on the doorstep, few holiday cottages are better placed for exploring this part of Cornwall.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin & WC. Fitted kitchen. Utility room. Conservatory/dining room. Sitting room with open fire.
- Electric storage heating with open fire in sitting room
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, shared use of freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer in outhouse, dishwasher, TV with basic Sky, video, DVD, stereo/CD, WiFi
- Fuel, power & starter pack for open fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen & towels inc. in rent
- Cot, stairgate & dining table booster seat on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared use of owner's 2 acre garden with furniture & unfenced pond
- Sorry, no pets & no smoking
- Shop, pub & restaurant 0.5 miles
- Note: Unfenced pond in garden; children to be supervised at all times.
- Last minute
About the location
St Austell 4 miles; Mevagissey 2 miles.
Pentewan is a delightful coastal village set back from the sandy expanse of Pentewan Beach. The village shop and pub draw visitors from far and wide, while the beach is good for children. The coastal path passes through the village and as it climbs up the cliffside towards Mevagissey, the views across the bay toward Devon in the far distance are breathtaking. Good cycle paths pass close by the village, there is a great river close by for fishing enthusiasts, the Lost Gardens of Heligan are just a short walk away, and the historic and scenic Charlestown harbour is also close by. The nearby fishing village of Mevagissey offers many restaurants and fresh harbour fish, while the Eden Project is within easy reach and well worth a visit.