- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
A charming, single-storey stone cottage, set behind the owner's house in the quiet hamlet of St Issey just 3 miles from the pretty village of Padstow.
Furnished and equipped to a high standard, this cosy detached cottage offers the convenience of open plan living, and the lovely patio area has pleasant views across the fields - the ideal place to relax after sampling the many delights of the area.
The amenities of Padstow and Wadebridge are within easy reach, while the popular coastal resort of Newquay lies just 14 miles away.
With all the beaches, restaurants, country pubs and walking trails you're likely to need all within a 10 minute drive, this is the perfect base for young families, not to mention walkers, cyclists, explorers and lovers of stunning countryside.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x 2' 6'' bunks. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living and dining area with small fitted kitchen area to one side. Stone patio and small private fenced lawn area with lovely views across the fields.
Oil central heating. Electric cooker, fridge, microwave, washing machine, TV, DVD, radio/CD. All fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent (excluding beach towels). Small grassed area with patio, furniture, BBQ and views over valley. Off road parking for 2 cars. One well-behaved dog welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop/Post Office 3 miles, pub 1 mile. Note: This cottage is suitable for max. 2 adults and 2 children.
Note: This cottage is suitable for max. 2 adults and 2 children.
- “A wonderful week in Badger Cottage”
- “We stayed at Badger Cottage from 16-23 May 2015. We were lucky with good weather. The cottage is immaculate. The lounge /diner is well equipped,comfortable and spotlessly clean. Fresh homemade scones, jam and clotted cream had been left for us on our arrival. A nice touch. The bedrooms were very clean. The double bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of drawer and wardrobe space. The other bedroom contained 2 bunk beds - ideal for children. There was quite a spacious bathroom with a bath and shower, a toilet and a good sized wash basin. Also in the bathroom was a washing machine in case you wanted to do some washing. Outside there is garden area with a table and 2 chairs. Up 2 stairs and there another table and 2 chairs which gives a view across the landscape. There is a rotary clothes line for any washing. The one downside was that when you left the cottage, it was difficult to see if traffic was coming in either direction, and a mirror would be very useful. Strongly recommended. Padstow only about 3 miles. There are plenty of good restaurants including Rick Stein's family restaurant in St Merryn. Very reasonable prices. Also recommend "The Journeyman" which is a short walk from Badger Cottage. This is an excellent Indian/Asian/English restaurant which holds only 18 diners. Every meal cooked from fresh by Steve. Open from 6-9pm Monday -Saturday. Booking essential.”
- “We found the perfect place to chill out in our favourite part of”
- “The aim was to find a dog-friendly cottage not far from Padstow. The result - a human and dog friendly cottage nestled in a spot where the soundtrack was birdsong and the backdrop rolling woodland on part of The Saint's Way (footpath running from North to South across Cornwall). The central heating made it perfect for a chilly spring break and the owners were friendly and helpful whilst giving us space to do our own thing. Fabulous beaches and shops etc. equally a short drive away. Oh, and it was pretty handy for Padstow too!”
- “Fantastic little cottage, well furnished and comfortable. Beautiful location, ideal for touring around Cornwall. Will definately go back again.”
- “Away from it all - or very nearly all!”
- “Whatever it means to be away from 'it all' - this is it. Of course you don't want to be away from this most beautiful area with it's amazing coastline, cycle tracks, old style cottages and friendly hospitality at every turn. The area is fantastic. A must if you've never done it - do it now or soon! The cottage is small but charming and though it has been well used we were able to relax in it and get our strength back for the following day's challenges which comprised walking, eating cream teas and watching the sea. Those beaches are among the best in the world but the fresh air takes it out of you and you get back to Badger cottage shattered but feeling so much better. The hosts welcome you with some goodies on the table which you find to your delight on arrival. The facilities are lovely and quiet and pretty site is a delight. We would always think of returning - if only to show others what they have missed. Just lovely - Go there soon!”
- “The cottage was very close to a lot of amenities, so it only took a short time to reach any of them. The beaches we visited were excellent and very clean. There are so many places to visit and superb restaurants. We intend to stay in Badger's Cottage again.”
- “Lovely relaxing holiday. It really is a beautiful cottage in an incredibly beautiful position. Thanks to the owners.”
- “Great location for dog walking and a short drive to beaches and Padstow. Fantastic views and sheep outside the kitchen window and a very warm, cosy cottage.”
- “The cottage was fantastic and well placed for us. Our 6 year old is now obsessed by bunk beds (these were nice safe ones..she couldn't fall out)”
- “The cottage was beautiful and the location was great , a very enjoyable holiday.”
- “Badger Cottage was the best cottage we have had. Location was idyllic, perfect for relaxing and just a short ride from Padstow. Plenty of dog friendly beaches and pubs. Perfect cottage for a perfect holiday.”
- “We enjoyed the location for the peace and tranquillity and how it was only a short journey from local beaches and towns. The stars on a night were amazing.”
- “Excellent property and great owners in lovely quiet surroundings with access to the whole of Cornwall at its best.”
- “A gorgeous little property which provided us with both a restful retreat and a central base to explore this stunning area. Highly recommended for a couple alone, with a dog or with small children.”
About the location
Padstow 3 miles; Wadebridge 4 miles.
St Issey is a small rural hamlet with a church, pub and village shop, just 3 miles from the beautiful fishing village of Padstow. There are several top quality bathing and surfing beaches within 5 miles and the coastal path wends its way over the cliff tops and down among the rocky coves through some of Cornwall’s best coastal scenery. The little gem of Padstow with its famous restaurants, tranquil harbour and interesting shops should not be missed, and the Camel cycling and walking trail from Padstow to Bodmin makes a great day out. Take the ferry across the Camel estuary to Rock, surf the Atlantic breakers at nearby Polzeath, visit up-and-coming Wadebridge, or enjoy the fabulous Eden Project (20 miles) - the perfect base for a perfect holiday.