- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This terraced, former fisherman's cottage perches on a cliff above the harbour of the picturesque village of Mevagissey. With upside down accommodation boasting plenty of character features, this cottage in Mevagissey effortlessly combines contemporary decor with a traditional, cosy and inviting atmosphere. The ground floor of this Mevagissey cottage has two bedrooms sharing a wet room which boasts a double shower and underfloor heating. The first floor living area offers a fitted kitchen with dining area and a separate cosy sitting room featuring a warming woodburner, ideal for a relaxed snuggle up after a windswept walk along the beautiful South West Coast Path. From the sitting room in this Mevagissey cottage is a door leading to a secluded patio and decked seating area, with steep steps up to an elevated seating area from which views across the neighbouring rooftops towards Chapel Point can be enjoyed. Just five minutes' walk from this coastal cottage in Cornwall is the centre of the bustling fishing harbour of Mevagissey, where time can be enjoyed leisurely strolling beside the quay or browsing the many independent shops. Try a fishing trip or a short cruise taking in the scenery and chancing to see basking sharks, dolphins and seals. The Lost Gardens of Heligan sit just outside the village, plus just a few miles away, the magnificent Eden Project offers a delightful day out for the whole family. With many sandy beaches within easy reach and wonderful coastal walks from the doorstep, this Mevagissey cottage provides an idyllic retreat.
Two ground floor bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with TV (zip/link, can be twin on request), 1 x double. Ground floor wet room with shower, basin and WC. First floor kitchen with dining area. First floor sitting room with woodburner.
Electric storage heaters with woodburner and underfloor heating in wet room. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, surround sound, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs. Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Parking in public car park 5 mins walk from cottage (approx £40 per week high season and £20 per week low season). Small courtyard with furniture. Sorry, no pets and no smoking. Shop, pub and coast 2 mins walk. Note: This property is a traditional Cornish cottage on the National Trust path and as such there is no driveway, no road and no parking at the property.
- Last minute
- “This is a very cosy and home from home cottage which is perfectly situated in the harbour with an array of pubs and restaurants to choose from. Beautiful walks and scenery and everyone was really friendly.”
- “A really very nice old cottage that made us feel very much at home. There was a nice atmosphere and it was in a good location in the lovely town of Mevagissey. We would recommend it to anyone. The kitchen and lounge area was cosy, and the fireplace was useful for the evenings that were a bit chilly.”
- “17 The Cliff had a wonderful atmosphere and was beautifully furnished and equipped. It was a wonderful base in a fascinating and scenic village with a working fishing harbour. We particularly enjoyed the deep window seats. It was also a bonus that the cottage is so central to the life of Mevagissey.”
- “We liked Mevagissey and the location of the cottage above the harbour. The cottage was comfortable and well equipped, it was lovely to have some outdoor space as the weather was very good. The local people were very friendly and it was a good place if you like real ale.”
- “The cottage is in a great location and we loved the upside down aspect. There were plenty of games for the evenings and we walked around the harbour during the day and most evenings. The coastal paths nearby are stunning. The décor was fabulous and the DVD's were a God send as my son was ill and happily lay on the sofa and watched films.”
- “We found the whole experience to be excellent - very helpful owners and contact in the village, lovely décor and close to all amenities. Those in the village were friendly and helpful and we felt really at home. We would absolutely recommend to others - a real treat!”
- “Excellent accommodation and location.”
- “A lovely cottage, the position is very good with views to the harbour. It was very comfortably furnished, especially the bed.”
- “Cottage was beautiful, very well equipped and made us feel like we were at home. Owner was very polite, efficient and very helpful. Whilst we didn't use most of the facilities in house, everything was perfect and well organised! Down to the fishing rods and DVDs!! Perfect house and holiday.. Thank you to the owners and Sykes!!”
- “17 The Cliff is a delightful, well maintained cottage overlooking the harbour of Mevagissey, the whole atmosphere was so relaxing and all restaurants we visited superb.”
- “The property is very well maintained, furnished and quaint. Mevagissey itself is very peaceful and relaxing. The location is ideal for visiting the Eden Project and surrounding beaches.”
About the location
St. Austell 5.5 miles; Truro 16 miles.
The perfect Cornish fishing village, with winding cobbled streets and a picturesque harbour full of boats. Stunning walks lead along the coast in both directions, with sandy beaches, high cliffs and hidden coves to explore. The village has an excellent selection of pubs and restaurants, whilst just up the road are the Lost Gardens of Heligan. A ferry from Mevagissey to Fowey also runs daily between Easter and September. Spend some time at the Tall Ships harbour at Charlestown (7 miles) with its shipwreck museum, or among the tropical biomes of the world-famous Eden Project (11 miles). The stunning coastline, fabulous beaches and renowned gardens of the beautiful Roseland Peninsula are a short drive down the coast while Truro, with its shops, restaurants, theatre and cathedral can be reached by car in half an hour.