- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
A 200-year-old traditional stone semi-detached fisherman's cottage, situated five minutes' walk uphill from the harbour, in the picturesque fishing village of Mevagissey.
Lovingly restored, but retaining some original features, including beautiful pine floorboards, this Mevagissey cottage is ideal for a family or group of friends.
The accommodation at this cottage in Mevagissey is on the ground and lower ground floors, with the three bedrooms and a shower room on street level.
Stairs lead down to a bathroom, a well-equipped kitchen/diner, and a cosy sitting room with slate floor and underfloor heating.
From the kitchen at this Mevagissey cottage there is a door leading to a pretty and fully enclosed cottage garden, with steps up to a large decked area with sea views, perfect for an alfresco meal on a sunny evening.
From this Cornwall cottage, it's only five minutes' walk to the picturesque harbour, where you can sit and relax in a cafe or bar, watching the boats and the fishermen at work on the quay, or take a fishing trip or small pleasure boat to explore the bay during spring and summer months.
A seasonal passenger ferry runs to and from Fowey, from which you may be lucky enough to see basking sharks, dolphins and seals.
This Mevagissey cottage is within driving distance of the Lost Gardens of Heligan, the Eden Project, and the National Maritime Museum at Falmouth.
This Mevagissey cottage is an ideal base from which to explore the numerous delights of Cornwall.
Over lower ground and ground floor. Three ground floor bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Lower ground floor bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Lower ground floor kitchen with dining area and woodburner with arch to sitting room. External utility.
- Electric central heating with underfloor heating and woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer in utility, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car, additional free and unrestricted roadside parking available 10 mins walk at top of Tregoney Hill
- Enclosed lawned garden with decked area and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: There are steps from the lawned garden up to the decked area
- Note: Off road parking is 4m long, suitable for cars similar size to an Audi A3
- Note: No infants at this property.
About the location
St. Austell 5.5 miles; Truro 16 miles.
The perfect Cornish fishing village, with winding cobbled streets and a picturesque harbour full of boats. Stunning walks lead along the coast in both directions, with sandy beaches, high cliffs and hidden coves to explore. The village has an excellent selection of pubs and restaurants, whilst just up the road are the Lost Gardens of Heligan. A ferry from Mevagissey to Fowey also runs daily between Easter and September. Spend some time at the Tall Ships harbour at Charlestown (7 miles) with its shipwreck museum, or among the tropical biomes of the world-famous Eden Project (11 miles). The stunning coastline, fabulous beaches and renowned gardens of the beautiful Roseland Peninsula are a short drive down the coast while Truro, with its shops, restaurants, theatre and cathedral can be reached by car in half an hour.
Note: No infants at this property.
- Last minute