- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Sky TV
- Broadband / WiFi
Once the home of Mevagissey's first bank, this imposing Grade II listed village-centre building has been renovated to a high standard, creating a Cornwall holiday cottage of comfort and character.
Set over three floors, 100 yards from the harbour, the property retains many original features.
The bedrooms are mainly over the ground and second floors, while the main, stylish living space occupies the first floor.
The exquisite dining room, with parquet flooring, panelled walls and glazed ceiling, is overlooked by a balcony from the second floor.
The harbour, pubs and restaurants of Mevagissey are all within a short stroll.
Wander to the water's edge to watch the fishermen unload their catch, stroll along the coastal path on the headland or walk to The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
Alternatively, explore the Eden Project, the cathedral city of Truro or the beauty of the Roseland Peninsula and its beaches.
Over three floors. Six bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double with TV & shower, basin, WC, 2 x ground floor doubles with TV & shower, basin, WC, 1 x 2nd floor king-size double, 1 x 1st floor single, 1 x 2nd floor single (with cot). 2nd floor corner bath, basin, WC. 1st floor kitchen with island. Utility room/WC. 1st floor dining room. 1st floor sitting room with open fire.
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Electric cooker, 2 electric ovens, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 4 x TVs (1 with Sky+), DVD, PlayStation, stereo/CD, WiFi, DVDs/books/games
- Fuel & power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Cot, highchair, stairgate
- Parking for 1 car in public car park 2 mins walk (cost inc. in rent), guests may stop briefly before 10am/after 4pm for loading/unloading outside property
- Paved terraced garden with furniture & BBQ
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops/pubs/harbour 100 yds
- Note: Balcony & sash windows on 2nd floor, young children to be supervised
- Note: Due to large stone steps and a fenced drop, access to the garden may be unsuitable for guests with limited mobility, and children should be supervised at all times
About the location
St. Austell 5.5 miles; Truro 16 miles.
The perfect Cornish fishing village, with winding cobbled streets and a picturesque harbour full of boats. Stunning walks lead along the coast in both directions, with sandy beaches, high cliffs and hidden coves to explore. The village has an excellent selection of pubs and restaurants, whilst just up the road are the Lost Gardens of Heligan. A ferry from Mevagissey to Fowey also runs daily between Easter and September. Spend some time at the Tall Ships harbour at Charlestown (7 miles) with its shipwreck museum, or among the tropical biomes of the world-famous Eden Project (11 miles). The stunning coastline, fabulous beaches and renowned gardens of the beautiful Roseland Peninsula are a short drive down the coast while Truro, with its shops, restaurants, theatre and cathedral can be reached by car in half an hour.