- Off road parking
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
This quirky holiday apartment is situated above the ticket office at Benny Halt alongside the Lappa Valley Steam Railway, just outside the village of St Newlyn East, near Newquay in Cornwall.
Tucked away in the beautiful conservation area of the Lappa Valley, this St Newlyn East self-catering apartment is ideal for those who are looking for something a little different.
This first floor apartment in St Newlyn East is right beside a 15" miniature gauge railway track, so families will love to listen to the small trains which start to steam up at 8am throughout the season.
This unusually positioned St Newlyn East self-catering apartment has an open plan living area that looks out over the narrow track running through the quiet countryside and there are two comfortable bedrooms: a double and a twin.
Guests to this Cornwall apartment can benefit from complimentary use of all of the facilities on-site (during normal opening hours from end of March to end of October) and can enjoy hopping on and off three different trains, enjoy a canoe ride on the lake, playing miniature golf or taking a gentle stroll along the nature trails and watching for the abundant wildlife.
Newquay, with more than ten beaches, is a water lover's paradise and a popular holiday resort with surfers, plus there is plenty to do when the sun goes in, including the aquarium, the zoo and plenty of shops and cafes to sample.
A stay at this unique St Newlyn East holiday apartment is perfect for families who want to discover Cornwall and enjoy all that this wonderful area has to offer.
All first floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Electric convector heaters
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Shared lawned garden with picnic benches and pond
- Free use of on-site facilities available during normal opening hours from end of March to end of October
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 10 mins walk
- Note: There are safety measures in place to ensure children can't easily wander out of the apartment unaccompanied, however be aware that steam trains are very close by and so is an unfenced pond
- Note: Property accessed via 20 external steps
- Note: Due to the location near the miniature railway, there will be some associated noise from 8am
- Note: Although the other facilities on-site are closed, the miniature steam trains do run on certain dates in December
- This is available at an additional cost and need to be booked in advance of your stay
- Please contact the owner for more details.
About the location
ST NEWLYN EAST
Newquay 5 miles.
Nestling among the open fields and winding hedgerows of north Cornwall, this tiny village offers a quiet contrast from the summer bustle of nearby Newquay. St Newlyn East boasts a well-stocked shop, pub which serves delicious home-made food, Post Office and a butcher's. A peaceful haven with a wealth of country walks, within 10 miles there are several visitor attractions including stately homes and gardens, model railways, theme parks, fishing villages and harbours and some of the UK’s best surfing beaches. Nearby Newquay boasts a myriad of clubs, pubs, restaurants, shops and visitor attractions such as Newquay Zoo and the Sea Life Centre, whilst above the rolling waves of Fistral Beach is the National Surfing Centre. The cathedral city of Truro, the Eden Project, and much more within reach make this an ideal base for a varied holiday.