- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
This detached holiday cottage sits in the peaceful grounds of Honicombe Manor Holiday Village, in a beautiful setting on the edge of the village.
With a private hot tub overlooking the Cornish meadows, this cottage offers comfortable, modern accommodation for families and friends.
With bathrooms and bedrooms on both the ground and first floors, the accommodation is flexible for a variety of parties.
Guests can enjoy the use of the site’s two heated swimming pools, one indoor and one outdoor, as well as tennis courts, entertainment nights during peak season, a children’s playground and a soft play area.
There is also free WiFi available at the site’ reception desk.
There are plentiful walks close by, and the nearby Tamar Valley is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The energetic can walk a couple of miles to nearby NT Cotehele, a beautiful estate by the River Tamar with woodland walks and formal gardens, and for the less energetic, take a train from Gunnislake to Plymouth, enjoying the spectacular scenery of the Tamar Valley on the way.
Take day trips to an interesting donkey sanctuary, the Victorian mining village at Morwhellam Quay, and Dartmoor National Park.
After all this sightseeing, return to this cottage to relax and unwind in the indulgent hot tub.
Four bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x ground floor double, 1 x twin, 1 x ground floor twin. Bathroom with corner bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with doors to decked area with hot tub.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, Bluetooth speaker
- WiFi in site reception and bar
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private decked area with hot tub
- Shared use of on-site leisure club at Honicombe Park (closed 25th December and 1st January only) including indoor heated pool, outdoor heated pool (May-Sep inclusive), sauna, mini gym, outdoor chess and tennis courts
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- On-site pub 3 mins walk, village shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Guests are responsible for simple daily testing of the hot tub
- Full instructions are provided in the cottage
- Note: On-site leisure facilities available to guests (closed 25th December and 1st January only)
- Note: Check-in 4pm.
About the location
Tavistock 5 miles; Plymouth 18 miles.
The small rural village of Gunnislake lies on the steeply wooded banks of the River Tamar. It has village pubs and a small selection of shops. Notably, the village sits at one end of the scenic Tamar Valley Railway - with regular services along the river bank to Plymouth. The area is perfect for exploring Dartmoor, the south and north coast beaches and the attractions of Cornwall’s far west. Close to hand, the Dartmoor town of Tavistock with its pannier market, pubs and restaurants is a must, as well as the popular fishing village of Calstock, renowned for its crafts and festivals, while the Donkey Sanctuary and Cotehele House and Gardens (NT) are just 10 minutes away. Enjoy a round of golf at St Mellion (8 miles), explore the restored Victorian mining village at Morwhellam Quay (4 miles), search for otters and deer along the Tamar Valley footpath, visit the National Trust owned Lydford Gorge, or take a trip to the beach and picturesque harbour at Looe (25 miles) - there’s something for everyone. For something really different, why not ride the scenic Tamar Valley Railway into Plymouth and spend the day in the fabulous Marine Aquarium or strolling the historic Plymouth Hoe?
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute