- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
Gunnislake 2 miles.
This detached Alpine lodge sits within the grounds of Honicombe Manor holiday resort, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty near Gunnislake.
Nestled in a peaceful woodland setting with lovely valley views, the cottage offers comfy accommodation in an upside down style, ideal for families.
There are four bedrooms on the ground floor, three comfy twins and a master double en-suite, along with a bright first floor open plan living area, with patio doors onto a wooden decked balcony, ideal for birdwatching and quiet relaxation.
The on-site facilities include seasonal indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools and tennis courts.
There’s a variety of attractions to discover in the Tamar Valley, which is part of the Cornish Mining World Heritage Site.
The riverside village at Morwellham has an interesting visitor centre, and the National Trust house and gardens at Cotehele, just along the River Tamar, offer wonderful woodland walks where you’ll enjoy fabulous views over the Calstock Viaduct.
Families will love the picturesque train journey, which winds its way through the valley from Gunnislake to Plymouth, where there are many interesting things to see and do including the National Marine Aquarium, historic Barbican and theatres.
Just half an hour's drive away near Liskeard town is the family-friendly Adrenaline Quarry, offering a selection of exciting outdoor activities including zip wires, coasteering and even axe throwing!
This Honicombe Manor lodge is a relaxing base from which to explore the magic of this stunning area.
Four ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC with doors to decked patio, 3 x twin. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with access to decked balcony.
- Electric central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi available on-site in leisure areas
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Decked patio and decked balcony with furniture
- Shared use of on-site leisure club at Honicombe Park (closed 25th December and 1st January only) including indoor heated pool, outdoor heated pool (May – Sep inclusive), sauna, mini gym, outdoor chess and tennis courts
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Shared use of estate grounds
- Sorry, no pets and smoking
- Shops, pubs and restaurant 1 mile
- Note: Property is on a sloping site, which may be unsuitable for the less mobile
- Note: A laundry service can be arranged at additional cost
- Note: On-site leisure facilities available to guests (closed 25th December and 1st January only)
- Note: First floor balcony, children to be supervised
- Note: Check in is 4pm
About the location
Tavistock 5 miles; Plymouth 18 miles.
The small rural village of Gunnislake lies on the steeply wooded banks of the River Tamar. It has village pubs and a small selection of shops. Notably, the village sits at one end of the scenic Tamar Valley Railway - with regular services along the river bank to Plymouth. The area is perfect for exploring Dartmoor, the south and north coast beaches and the attractions of Cornwall’s far west. Close to hand, the Dartmoor town of Tavistock with its pannier market, pubs and restaurants is a must, as well as the popular fishing village of Calstock, renowned for its crafts and festivals, while the Donkey Sanctuary and Cotehele House and Gardens (NT) are just 10 minutes away. Enjoy a round of golf at St Mellion (8 miles), explore the restored Victorian mining village at Morwhellam Quay (4 miles), search for otters and deer along the Tamar Valley footpath, visit the National Trust owned Lydford Gorge, or take a trip to the beach and picturesque harbour at Looe (25 miles) - there’s something for everyone. For something really different, why not ride the scenic Tamar Valley Railway into Plymouth and spend the day in the fabulous Marine Aquarium or strolling the historic Plymouth Hoe?
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute