- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Coverack 1.5 miles. These wonderful, immaculately-presented stone cottages form part of an old Cornish farmhouse in a delightful, rural location in the grounds of the owners' home, close to the quaint fishing village of Coverack on the Lizard Peninsula, in South Cornwall. Settled in a secluded, wooded area, amongst 5 acres of beautiful gardens and fields, these Coverack cottages can be booked together or separately to enjoy a relaxing break whilst discovering this lovely part of Cornwall, with the South West Coast Path less than one mile away. Each of these Coverack cottages have been furnished in a modern style with a bright, cheerful feel, and are complete with their own private gardens, which provide the perfect solace after a bracing coastal walk or a sunny day beside the shore. Jump in the car to discover the fabulous coastal villages, including Mullion Cove, owned by the National Trust, Gweek, with its seal sanctuary, and picturesque Cadgwith, which can all be found within easy reach, scattered across the Lizard Peninsula, whilst the tranquil Helford River is also nearby. Away from mainstream Cornwall, Coverack is a hidden delight, and an ideal place to enjoy the mild climate of the most southerly point on mainland Britain. These Coverack cottages offer a fantastic base for your next Cornish holiday.
This beautiful, semi-detached cottage provides couples and small families with a comfortable holiday base whilst exploring this spectacular region of South Cornwall. The cosy sitting room at this Coverack cottage offers a warming woodburning stove, sofa, chair and TV. There is also a bright double bedroom with a TV, and a separate shower room, which can easily be accessed from both the bedroom and sitting room, along with a fully-equipped kitchen with a sociable dining area. The sunny private patio outside this Cornwall cottage is surrounded by lawn bordered by pretty shrubs, and provides a peaceful spot for taking refreshment after an invigorating walk or a fun day at the beach. Note: This cottage is attached to Ref. 30447, if booked together they sleep 8 in 4 bedrooms with the use of an additional single room with a pull-out stacker bed.
All ground floor with one step up to the sitting room. One double bedroom with TV/DVD. Shower room with shower, basin, WC and underfloor heating. Fitted kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove in sitting room
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, 2 x DVD players, iPod dock, radio, WiFi, selection of books, DVDs and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Ample off road parking
- Private dairy garden with furniture to the side
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Max
- 2 adults
- Note: Babes-in-arms only
- Note: 4pm check-in.
Note: Up until 24th October 2015, this property sleeps 2 adults and 2 children, with use of a sofa bed. From 24th October 2015, the property will sleep 2 adults only with no sofa bed available.
- Last minute
- “Perfect in Every Way”
- “Our stay at 'The Dairy' has been the most awesome family holiday. The apartment is finished to an exceptional standard with a high spec kitchen and all the essential tech to keep the city slicker on retreat happy. The decor is sharp, relaxing and modern but sympathetic to the rustic roots of the property. Views of the garden and wooded boundary make sure you feel connected to the surroundings wherever you sit to relax and the outside seating area catches the sun up until early sunset. Everything about the property has been thought through to provide guests the best possible experience and is lovingly maintained by the owners. If you do have any need for anything the owners Rachel and Howard who live on site are only too pleased to help you out it is their passion for the area and the property which seeps through to all the details inside and out. Fresh eggs can be delivered to your door from their hens and wood fire logs are at hand to use in the log fires or to have a barbecue. The location of the Dairy/Farmhouse is perfect for exploring the Lizard Peninsula and West Cornwall. There are so many beautiful coves and beaches nearby that we didn't venture further than St Michaels Mount. The home is situated on a quiet lane off the main road (which in itself is a 'B' road) and is only a short drive from the town of Helston, making it secluded enough to not hear cars whizzing about but close enough to get everything you could need. We found Tesco, Sainsbury and Lidl at Helston. As parents of a child with severe anaphylaxis multiple food allergies booking holidays requires a number of criteria to be met. This holiday booking met them all with flying colours. The holiday was so great that not only are we looking to book again here but also seriously considering a move to this region in the future.”
- “Gold top cream”
- “This is the most wonderful of places to stay. Wonderfully modern but with the feel of a past age. The surroundings are tranquil however you are close to the fabulous facilities that Cornwall has to offer.”
- “Absolutely super accommodation. Beautifully presented and up to date. Every need for a self catering holiday accounted for. Could have just stayed in all the time and enjoyed a rest in great surroundings.”
- “We had a lovely stay in The Dairy. Everything was very well provided for and to a very high standard of quality. It is a wonderful base from which to explore the surrounding area.”
- “The Dairy was a lovely relaxing place to stay. The garden was a real sun trap & was sheltered from the wind. The owners were very welcoming & friendly but also respected our privacy. A great base for exploring the local area. We would definitely like to return.”
- “A character property with simple modern comforts of high quality.”
- “The position, within walking distance to the coast, was very good. The cottage was very pleasant and we were made very welcome on arrival with home made flapjacks, fresh eggs, milk and flowers. The private garden was large with good garden furniture and a large summer house.”
- “The good quality equipment throughout made self catering easy and enjoyable.”
- “Very beautiful part of the country.”
- “We liked the fact it was quiet as we wanted somewhere we could relax. Great knowing the owners were there if you needed them but nice they left us to enjoy our holiday. We thought the flapjacks, eggs, tea coffee and milk was very welcoming, it was just really lovely and quiet - just what we wanted!”
- “Absolutely amazing!”
- “On arrival the owners met us and made us feel very welcome. The property was excellent as it was very clean and we could not have wished for better. The walk along cliffs to Covorack was wonderful and a highlight of our week.”
- “We had wonderful days at the Dairy and our hosts were incredibly service oriented; they gave very good advice on what places, gardens and restaurants we should visit, which was very valuable to us as we were only there a few days. We have never had this service at any other accommodation around the world! We will definitely stay here again; we can really recommend this accommodation to others.”
- “We found the property to be very comfortable and furnished with everything you would need. We really appreciated the little extra personal touches provided by the owners.”
About the location
St Keverne 2 miles; Helston 12 miles; Falmouth 18 miles.
Coverack is a small fishing village on the Lizard Peninsula, a few miles from Lizard Point in Cornwall, the most southerly point on mainland Britain. Coverack is a beautiful and peaceful place to escape the main tourist routes and offers a beach in the sheltered bay, which is ideal for swimming, windsurfing and kayaking, as well as shops, a Post Office, pub and restaurants. The Lizard Peninsula is a large area of spectacular coves and beaches and is noted for its rare geology and plants. From Lizard Point there are wonderful sea views from the windswept cliffs, which provide fabulous walking opportunities along this stretch of the South West Coast Path. Inland is the market town of Helston, known for its Flora Day Festival, and in Gweek is The Cornish Seal Sanctuary. Flambards theme park is just 20 minutes' drive away and just over ten miles away is the Culdrose Airfield, where once a year the public are welcome to come and meet the Fleet Air Arm, the Royal Navy’s flying force. Coverack is ideally located for exploring The Lizard Peninsula, as well as the lovely seaside towns of St Ives and Falmouth and many other beaches and pretty villages.