- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
Bude 2.5 miles.
A welcoming end-terrace cottage situated on a quiet rural site, on a non-working farm, just over half a mile from the Cornish village of Poughill, close to seaside town of Bude.
With a traditional yet spacious feel, this Poughill cottage is cosy, peaceful and very private making it an ideal base for a family or group of friends.
The spacious sitting room at this cottage near Bude is a sociable space to gather after a day out and about exploring the area, and the woodburning stove ensures that’s its lovely and warm in the winter, whilst the patio doors to the garden mean that you can venture out during the warm weather and enjoy a spot of alfresco dining.
There are three good sized bedrooms sleeping six at this Cornwall cottage, plus a single sofa bed in the sitting room is available for an extra guest.
As well as the private lawned garden, there are other gardens on-site, which surround this Poughill cottage.
They are perfect for a wander after a hearty breakfast, plus children will love the adventure playground and there’s a games room for rainy days.
Also everyone staying at this Bude holiday home will enjoy the 40ft indoor heated swimming pool.
The local village of Poughill has a friendly pub, just a short walk away, and all the popular beach activities are in abundance along the stretch of coastline near Bude, with sandy beaches, lifeguarded seas and fabulous surfing.
A splendid Cornish cottage with the bonus of on-site facilities and sandy beaches nearby.
Three bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room with dining area, single sofa bed and woodburning stove. Shared external utility. Shared games room with pool table and table tennis. Shared indoor heated swimming pool.
- Electric night storage heaters with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, coin-operated washing machines and tumble dryers in utility, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own pool towels
- Travel cot (please bring own cot bedding)
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden with furniture
- Shared use of gardens, orchard and children’s playground
- Shared 40ft indoor heated swimming pool with changing rooms and shower (open 7.45am - 9pm, times vary out of peak season)
- Shared games room with pool table and table tennis (open 24 hours)
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Beach 2 miles
- Note: The swimming pool is available from February half term to October half term inclusive, and Christmas and New Year.
About the location
Tintagel 17 miles.
Bude is a fabulous coastal town that once visited you will want to come back to time and time again. Bude has something for everyone, great beaches for relaxing, and building sandcastles on, rockpools for investigating at low tide and cafes to watch it all from. The rolling waves are great for surfing all year round, and the footpaths by the restored canal or on the North Cornwall coastal path offer you a superb opportunity to explore and appreciate the outstanding countryside. Bude also has a superb golf course, indoor swimming pool, bowling alley/indoor play area and Heritage Centre at Bude Castle. It also has a good selection of local shops, supermarkets, cafes, pubs, restaurants and excellent Information Centre. Within a short drive are the remains of a huge iron age hill fort at Warbstow Bury, from where panoramic views can be seen. For days out, take the coast road north to see the lonely lighthouse above the sea at Hartland Point or walk or ride a donkey down the steep and cobbled village street (no cars allowed) of beautiful Clovelly to the harbour and the pub far below. Follow the coast in the other direction and there's the little cove of Crackington Haven, Boscastle, King Arthur's castle at Tintagel, Doc Martin's Port Wenn at Port Isaac and yet more great surfing beaches at Polzeath.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute