- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Games Room
- Broadband / WiFi
Bude 2 miles. These three character cottages are part of a small development of twelve holiday homes in an attractive rural setting near the small village of Poughill, just two miles from the resort of Bude in North Cornwall. These three cottages near Bude are comfortably furnished and each has its own private garden, plus use of the communal grounds, which include a children’s playground and a games room. Set amongst well-kept gardens, courtyards and orchards, and overlooking the lovely Cornish countryside, this group of Bude cottages offers a relaxing holiday complete with shared use of a 40ft indoor heated swimming pool. The local picturesque village of Poughill (which is pronounced “Poffle”) is just a ten minute walk from the cottages; it has won the Best Kept Village award several times and has a number of pretty thatched cottages and a village pub. The dramatic North Cornwall coastline is only two miles away, so guests will have no shortage of activities whilst staying in these Bude cottages, including stunning cliff-top walks along the South West Coast Path, lazing on the long sandy beaches in the Bude area, or surfing at Widemouth Bay. You will be sure of a fun-filled holiday at these superb cottages near Bude.
This attractive semi-detached cottage has an upside down layout with two bedrooms and a bathroom on the ground floor, whilst on the first floor is an open plan living area.
With an enclosed courtyard garden at the front, this Bude cottage is ideal for a family holiday in beautiful north Cornwall.
Note: This cottage is next to ref 19172 and 19587 and together they accommodate 11 people.
Upside down accommodation. Two ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double with TV/Freeview, 1 x adult bunks. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with electric fire. Shared use of external laundry room, games room and 40ft indoor heated swimming pool with changing rooms and shower.
- Night storage heaters with electric fire in sitting area
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- Shared use of laundry room with 3 x washing machines and 2 x tumble dryers
- 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, free WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Please bring own pool towels
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private enclosed front courtyard with furniture and BBQ
- Shared use of gardens, orchard and children's playground
- Shared use of indoor heated swimming pool (open 7.45am to 9pm, times vary out of peak season)
- Shared games room with table tennis and pool table (open 24 hours)
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Beach 2 miles
- Note: Check-in time is after 4pm.
Note: The swimming pool is having a major refurbishment from 4th Jan to 6th Feb 2016, the swimming pool will be out of use during this time.
- Last minute
- “dairy cottage bude”
- “excellent well kept every thing provided down to bucket and spades for the kids even milk coffee and biscuits on arrival”
- “A lovely property, which was clean and tidy with everything you might need.”
- “The facilities in general were very good, the kids especially loved the swimming pool and the games room.The cottage was set in a quiet location, ideal for couples or families with younger children.”
- “We liked the property because it felt like a home. We had a dog with us and it was great to have a safe secure garden for him. There was so much to enjoy about our short break; good all round experience.”
- “We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Dairy Cottage. It was a perfect base from which to travel to the sights that we wanted to visit and was extremely comfortable. We would heartily recommend this destination to family and friends and for ourselves. Thanks for contributing to a wonderful break.”
- “We had a great stay. The property was clean, tidy and very cosy. It was well equipped with everything we needed and more. Everything worked and the water was always very hot. The property has a great swimming pool right on the door step, which most times we had to ourselves. The surrounding area is complimented by beautifully planted flower beds. We will certainly stay again and recommend to friends.”
- “Dairy Cottage was lovely, well looked after and very well equipped. Was nice to shut the door and head upstairs to the open plan lounge diner kitchen. We felt very much at home from the moment we arrived Was lovely having a pool so close, it was lovely and warm and was great having the pool to ourselves on most occasions”
- “The property was very clean on arrival. We used the swimming pool most days and it was perfectly located to be into Bude. The kitchen was well equipped and outside space was good for sitting and BBQ.”
- “the cottage with every thing you would need including being provided with milk coffee and biscuits on a very private well presented site i would rate this site as a ten and would like to thank sykes staff for there dedication in finding a suitable holiday that would also allow us to take our cat”
About the location
Tintagel 17 miles.
Bude is a fabulous coastal town that once visited you will want to come back to time and time again. Bude has something for everyone, great beaches for relaxing, and building sandcastles on, rockpools for investigating at low tide and cafe's to watch it all from. The rolling waves are great for surfing all year round, and the footpaths by the restored canal or on the North Cornwall coastal path offer you a superb opportunity to explore and appreciate the outstanding countryside. Bude also has a superb golf course, indoor swimming pool, bowling alley/indoor play area and a good selection of local shops, supermarkets, cafe's, pubs and restaurants. For days out, take the coast road north to see the lonely lighthouse above the sea at Hartland Point or walk or ride a donkey down the steep and cobbled village street (no cars allowed) of beautiful Clovelly to the harbour and the pub far below. Follow the coast in the other direction and there's the little cove of Crackington Haven, Boscastle, King Arthur's castle at Tintagel, Doc Martin's Port Wenn at Port Isaac and yet more great surfing beaches at Polzeath.