- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Bude 2 miles.
Located near the village of Poughill, less than two miles from Bude, the fabulous north Cornish coastline and a variety of beaches, Groom Cottage is a quirky old cottage full of character.
Parking next to the apple tree outside the cottage, go through the attractive archway and gate, and onto the enclosed patio, just one of three different seating areas.
The cottage is accessed through a side door, which opens straight into the open plan living room.
With character beams and a cosy sitting area, everyone can gather here after a day out and relax together.
Two steps lead up to the kitchen and a dining area, while two other steps lead down to the conservatory, which leads down steps into the walled courtyard, where you’ll find garden furniture.
Also downstairs is the first of the bedrooms, with a door opening onto a balcony with furniture, from where steps lead down to a secret garden, which is enclosed by a hedge.
Head upstairs to the second bedroom of the house, with far-reaching views and an en-suite WC, as well as the family bathroom.
Bude is very close by and you can enjoy the unlimited use, free of charge, of a 40' swimming pool and a games room with pool tale and table tennis, shared with the other residents of Trevalgas Cottages, as well as a laundry room with large washing machines and dryers.
The area is perfect for walkers and the Hartland Cornwall Heritage Coast is only a short drive away, making Groom Cottage the perfect base for a relaxing holiday whatever time of year!
Two double bedrooms (one with en-suite basin and WC). Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting areas with electric coal-effect fire. Conservatory. Shared use of external laundry, games room and 40ft indoor heated swimming pool with changing rooms and shower.
- Gas central heating with electric fire
- Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, shared use of laundry with washing machines and tumble dryers, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Allocated off road parking for 1 car with car park for additional cars approx
- 50 yards from cottage, beside pool
- Enclosed gardens with patio and furniture
- Balcony with furniture
- Shared use of indoor heated swimming pool (open 7.45am - 9pm, times vary out of peak season) and games room
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 1.5 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Two steps up to kitchen and dining area, and two steps down to conservatory from sitting area
- Note: Due to the split level accommodation and external steps, the cottage is unsuitable for toddlers and guests with limited mobility.
About the location
Tintagel 17 miles.
Bude is a fabulous coastal town that once visited you will want to come back to time and time again. Bude has something for everyone, great beaches for relaxing, and building sandcastles on, rockpools for investigating at low tide and cafes to watch it all from. The rolling waves are great for surfing all year round, and the footpaths by the restored canal or on the North Cornwall coastal path offer you a superb opportunity to explore and appreciate the outstanding countryside. Bude also has a superb golf course, indoor swimming pool, bowling alley/indoor play area and Heritage Centre at Bude Castle. It also has a good selection of local shops, supermarkets, cafes, pubs, restaurants and excellent Information Centre. Within a short drive are the remains of a huge iron age hill fort at Warbstow Bury, from where panoramic views can be seen. For days out, take the coast road north to see the lonely lighthouse above the sea at Hartland Point or walk or ride a donkey down the steep and cobbled village street (no cars allowed) of beautiful Clovelly to the harbour and the pub far below. Follow the coast in the other direction and there's the little cove of Crackington Haven, Boscastle, King Arthur's castle at Tintagel, Doc Martin's Port Wenn at Port Isaac and yet more great surfing beaches at Polzeath.
This property offers the following short breaks:
- Last minute