- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Open fire
- Garden / Patio
- Pub/shop < 1 mile
- Broadband / WiFi
This cosy Danish cottage is on the edge of a quiet riverside country park near Saltash in South Cornwall.
The park holds a David Bellamy Gold Award for Conservation and this ground floor Saltash cottage appeals to those wanting family activities on site, combined with beautiful countryside walks along the local lanes.
There is a fabulous open plan living area in this Saltash cottage, with a woodburner for chillier evenings and an adjoining conservatory to relax in.
There are two lovely bedrooms and a wet room with walk-in shower, making it ideal for a family holiday.
Families will love the private garden next to fields and the shared heated outdoor swimming pool.
The park also provides tennis, badminton, an adventure playground and a small football pitch.
There is a pub just a five minute stroll from this Saltash cottage which is family-friendly and serves excellent food and drink.
Nearby, Whitsand Bay has a three mile stretch of golden sand and there are beautiful fishing villages of Cawsand, Looe and Polperro all within short drives.
A lovely Saltash cottage and the ideal base to enjoy Cornwall's southern coastline.
All ground floor. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x family room with 1 adult bunks and 1 single. Wet room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner. Conservatory (seats 4).
- Electric central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, on-site coin-operated launderette, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars outside cottage
- Shared lawned garden to front and private lawned garden to rear with furniture
- Shared use of heated outdoor swimming pool (open 27th May - 16th September), tennis, badminton and children's play area with other 24 cottages on-site
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 3.5 miles, pub 5 mins walk
- Note: There is a £10 refundable deposit for the entrance gate
- Note: No stag/hen parties or similar
- Note: Check-in time 4pm
- Note: Although all ground floor, the property isn't suitable for wheelchair users.
About the location
Plymouth 6 miles; Liskeard 14 miles.
Saltash is dominated by the magnificent Tamar Bridge, Brunel’s masterpiece of engineering taking people from Devon to Cornwall across the Tamar River, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Saltash retains much of its old Cornish charm with narrow streets rising steeply from the banks of the river, and plenty of shops and interesting inns. From the old quayside there are river trips up stream to Calstock, a pretty village with white cottages on a steep hillside. Here, the 120 foot giant 11-arched Calstock Railway Viaduct towers above the River Tamar and carries one of Britain’s most picturesque branch lines down to the coast. Saltash offers some beautiful walks along the Tamar, and is only a five minute drive from Plymouth, with a plenty to occupy visitors including the historic Barbican quayside area with cafes, shops and bistros, the National Marine Aquarium and several theatres. A perfect base for exploring the area along the beautiful River Tamar.
Note: Pool open 27th May 2016 to 16th September 2016
- Last minute