- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Off road parking
- Ground floor bedroom
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Washing machine
This lodge-style holiday cottage with its own hot tub sits in the peaceful grounds of Honicombe Manor holiday resort.
In a beautiful wooded setting, this Honicombe Manor cottage offers simple, modern accommodation in an upside down style, accessed via 23 steps, with the bedrooms on the ground floor and the living accommodation on the first floor, including a sunny balcony overlooking open countryside.
Just a couple of miles from this Honicombe Manor cottage is Cotehele, a National Trust estate by the River Tamar with woodland walks and formal gardens.
For the less energetic, take a train from Gunnislake to Plymouth, enjoying the spectacular scenery of the Tamar valley on the way.
Close to this Honicombe Manor cottage is a donkey sanctuary, the Victorian mining village at Morwhellam Quay, used as the location for the The Edwardian Farm TV series, and Dartmoor National Park.
After all this sightseeing you can return to this Honicombe Manor cottage to relax and unwind.
Four ground floor bedrooms: 1 x king-size double, 1 x twin, 2 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor bathroom with separate shower, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with patio doors to balcony.
- Electric central heating (Oct to mid Jun) with oil-filled radiators available for all rooms, all year round
- Electric cooker, fridge, microwave, washer/dryer, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi available on-site in leisure areas
- Electricity inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Shared use of on-site leisure club at Honicombe Park (closed 25th December and 1st January only) including indoor heated pool, outdoor heated pool (May – Sep inclusive), sauna, mini gym, outdoor chess and tennis courts
- The owner also provides pay-as-you-go membership at the China Fleet Country Club, which allows full use of the club and its leisure facilities at discounted rates
- Off road parking
- Shared use of estate grounds
- Private hot tub
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops, pubs and restaurant 1 mile
- Notes: This property is accessed via 23 steps and may not be suitable for the less mobile
- Note: On-site leisure facilities available to guests (closed 25th December and 1st January only)
- Note: No stag/hen parties or similar
- Note: This owner requires a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £200.
About the location
Tavistock 5 miles; Plymouth 18 miles.
The small rural village of Gunnislake lies on the steeply wooded banks of the River Tamar. It has village pubs and a small selection of shops. Notably, the village sits at one end of the scenic Tamar Valley Railway - with regular services along the river bank to Plymouth. The area is perfect for exploring Dartmoor, the south and north coast beaches and the attractions of Cornwall’s far west. Close to hand, the Dartmoor town of Tavistock with its pannier market, pubs and restaurants is a must, as well as the popular fishing village of Calstock, renowned for its crafts and festivals, while the Donkey Sanctuary and Cotehele House and Gardens (NT) are just 10 minutes away. Enjoy a round of golf at St Mellion (8 miles), explore the restored Victorian mining village at Morwhellam Quay (4 miles), search for otters and deer along the Tamar Valley footpath, visit the National Trust owned Lydford Gorge, or take a trip to the beach and picturesque harbour at Looe (25 miles) - there’s something for everyone. For something really different, why not ride the scenic Tamar Valley Railway into Plymouth and spend the day in the fabulous Marine Aquarium or strolling the historic Plymouth Hoe?
- Last minute