- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Brexworthy Farm Cottages
Bradworthy 2.5 miles, Bude 7 miles. These five cosy, character cottages are in an attractive courtyard setting on a working smallholding near the picturesque village of Bradworthy. Lying on grassy meadow uplands overlooking the beautiful 81 acre Upper Tamar Lake, these Devon cottages offer a peaceful retreat for couples amidst rolling countryside, with the chance to sample Devon farming life, as the owners keep rare breeds of sheep, alpacas and free range chickens, plus guests have the opportunity to see the new born lambs in February on request. These Devon cottages have been beautifully restored from old farm buildings and are furnished in a traditional, rustic style to provide charming holiday homes with plenty of character. Positioned around the farmhouse, each Devon cottage has its own garden area and use of a communal courtyard garden full of flowers and shrubs. From here there is access to a dog walking field and plenty of countryside walks with wonderful views of the lake. The local village of Bradworthy has plenty of interesting small grocery shops and pubs set around the traditional village square. The dramatic North Cornwall coastline is only 10 minutes in the car, where there are stunning cliff-top walks along the South West Coast Path, some pretty fishing villages to explore such as Clovelly and Appledore and long sandy, dog-friendly beaches in the Bude area, with Bude itself offering great beaches, superb surfing and a variety of amenities. You will be sure of a huge welcome at these friendly Devon cottages.
Attached to the main farmhouse, the accommodation at this Bradworthy cottage is in an upside down arrangement providing a light and airy first floor open plan living area with wooden beams, exposed stonework and a cosy friendly feel. There are a king-size double and a single bedroom on the ground floor along with a family bathroom. This Bradworthy cottage is ideal for couples or a small family who want to enjoy a holiday on a working farm in Devon.
Two ground floor bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x single. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. First floor open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner-effect electric fire.
- Night storage heaters with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge
- Washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer in shared utility
- TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Secure bike storage in exterior barn
- Private patio with furniture, use of shared gardens and dog exercise field
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: No children under 18
- Note WiFi hotspot on site, due to rural location it cannot be guaranteed
- Note: This property is not suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: Dogs must be kept on leads at all times and not left alone in the cottage
- Note: The owner accepts dogs only
- No other pets are allowed
- Note: Due to the property being on a working smallholding, the owner does not accept dogs from overseas
- Note: Check-in at this property is after 4pm.
Note: No children under 18.
Note: The owner accepts dogs only. No other pets are allowed.
Note: Due to the property being on a working smallholding, the owner does not accept dogs from overseas.
- “Upside Down---only in the best way !”
- “Made very welcome as was our pets. We had the weather all week but it would still have been great. Nothing to much trouble by the hosts and enjoyed there farm fair( food ). Thanks - Allan / Jean Baldwin. Tilly & Cracoe”
- “The cottage was lovely, the location really quite and the owners were very friendly. Close to beaches that allow dogs all year round. We had a great time and will be visiting again next year.”
- “Extremely friendly and approachable hosts, we felt warmly welcomed. We would happily return for another holiday. Thank you!”
- “Really enjoyable and comfortable. The property owners are very friendly and couldn't do enough to help. Wouldn't think twice about returning, if we ever decide to stay in North Devon/Cornwall again. 5/5.”
- “We really enjoyed our stay at the cottage. We had a lovely time with the animals, especially Bob and Sooty the 2 wonderful cats. The owner is very friendly. We will look to book again in the summer to see the area in a different season. We had a wonderfully relaxed Christmas break.”
- “This was without doubt a great holiday made all the better by our hosts. The location was lovely and standard of accommodation exceedingly high. The fact that they welcome dog owners and are geared up for them was the icing on the cake. I cannot praise the owners highly enough.”
- “In an excellent location. The owners tremendous, friendly and made us very welcome. We would definitely recommend to friends and family. Our granddaughter loved the holiday and the animals. This was a peaceful and relaxing holiday.”
About the location
Bude 10 miles.
With its large village square surrounded by cottages, village shops, garage and pub (renowned locally for its beer and good food), Bradworthy is the perfect example of the typical Devon country village. Off the beaten track and surrounded by the lush green pastures of North Devon, it provides the perfect base for a truly relaxing holiday in an area with several top class visitor attractions. Just 3 miles away the Tamar Lakes provide fishing and an array of water sports for the enthusiast, while south-west is the beach resort of Bude, with its outstanding surfing, rocky coves, golf course and restaurants. Several excellent stretches of the SW Coast Path, the beach at Welcombe Mouth, Hartland Point Quay and Lighthouse and the beautiful cliff-side village of Clovelly and bike riding on the Tarka Trail are some of the attractions that should not be missed in this fascinating area.