- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Brexworthy Farm Cottages
Bradworthy 2.5 miles, Bude 7 miles. These five cosy, character cottages are in an attractive courtyard setting on a working smallholding near the picturesque village of Bradworthy. Lying on grassy meadow uplands overlooking the beautiful 81 acre Upper Tamar Lake, these Devon cottages offer a peaceful retreat for couples amidst rolling countryside, with the chance to sample Devon farming life, as the owners keep rare breeds of sheep, alpacas and free range chickens, plus guests have the opportunity to see the new born lambs in February on request. These Devon cottages have been beautifully restored from old farm buildings and are furnished in a traditional, rustic style to provide charming holiday homes with plenty of character. Positioned around the farmhouse, each Devon cottage has its own garden area and use of a communal courtyard garden full of flowers and shrubs. From here there is access to a dog walking field and plenty of countryside walks with wonderful views of the lake. The local village of Bradworthy has plenty of interesting small grocery shops and pubs set around the traditional village square. The dramatic North Cornwall coastline is only 10 minutes in the car, where there are stunning cliff-top walks along the South West Coast Path, some pretty fishing villages to explore such as Clovelly and Appledore and long sandy, dog-friendly beaches in the Bude area, with Bude itself offering great beaches, superb surfing and a variety of amenities. You will be sure of a huge welcome at these friendly Devon cottages.
This ground floor semi-detached, Devon cottage, once the old granary, is full of character with exposed beams and stonework, and makes an ideal romantic retreat, with a king-size four poster bed and beautiful lake views.
The open plan living area has plenty of cosy seating around the fireplace, and a country cottage kitchen with dining area and views of the colourful gardens.
All ground floor.
One four poster king-size double bedroom with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner-effect electric fire. Shared utility.
- Night storage heaters with electric fire
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher
- Tumble dryer and freezer in shared utility
- TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Secure bike storage in exterior barn
- Private, enclosed front lawned garden with furniture, use of shared gardens and dog exercise field
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Adults only, no children including infants
- Note WiFi hotspot on site, due to rural location it cannot be guaranteed
- Note: This property is not suitable for those with limited mobility
- Note: Dogs must be kept on leads at all times and not left alone in the cottage
- Note: The owner accepts dogs only
- No other pets are allowed
- Note: Due to the property being on a working smallholding, the owner does not accept dogs from overseas
- Note: Check-in at this property is after 4pm.
About the location
Bude 10 miles.
With its large village square surrounded by cottages, village shops, garage and pub (renowned locally for its beer and good food), Bradworthy is the perfect example of the typical Devon country village. Off the beaten track and surrounded by the lush green pastures of North Devon, it provides the perfect base for a truly relaxing holiday in an area with several top class visitor attractions. Just 3 miles away the Tamar Lakes provide fishing and an array of watersports for the enthusiast, while south-west is the beach resort of Bude, with its outstanding surfing, rocky coves, golf course and restaurants. Several excellent stretches of the SW Coast Path, the beach at Welcombe Mouth, Hartland Point Quay and Lighthouse and the beautiful cliff-side village of Clovelly and bike riding on the Tarka Trail are some of the attractions that should not be missed in this fascinating area.
Note: Adults only, no children including infants.
Note: The owner accepts dogs only. No other pets are allowed.
Note: Due to the property being on a working smallholding, the owner does not accept dogs from overseas.