- Four poster bed
- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
- Broadband / WiFi
Brexworthy Farm Cottages
Bradworthy 2.5 miles, Bude 7 miles. These five cosy, character cottages are in an attractive courtyard setting on a working smallholding near the picturesque village of Bradworthy. Lying on grassy meadow uplands overlooking the beautiful 81 acre Upper Tamar Lake, these Devon cottages offer a peaceful retreat for couples amidst rolling countryside, with the chance to sample Devon farming life, as the owners keep rare breeds of sheep, alpacas and free range chickens, plus guests have the opportunity to see the new born lambs in February on request. These Devon cottages have been beautifully restored from old farm buildings and are furnished in a traditional, rustic style to provide charming holiday homes with plenty of character. Positioned around the farmhouse, each Devon cottage has its own garden area and use of a communal courtyard garden full of flowers and shrubs. From here there is access to a dog walking field and plenty of countryside walks with wonderful views of the lake. The local village of Bradworthy has plenty of interesting small grocery shops and pubs set around the traditional village square. The dramatic North Cornwall coastline is only 10 minutes in the car, where there are stunning cliff-top walks along the South West Coast Path, some pretty fishing villages to explore such as Clovelly and Appledore and long sandy, dog-friendly beaches in the Bude area, with Bude itself offering great beaches, superb surfing and a variety of amenities. You will be sure of a huge welcome at these friendly Devon cottages.
This ground floor semi-detached, Devon cottage, once the old granary, is full of character with exposed beams and stonework, and makes an ideal romantic retreat, with a king-size four poster bed and beautiful lake views.
The open plan living area has plenty of cosy seating around the fireplace, and a country cottage kitchen with dining area and views of the colourful gardens.
All ground floor. One four poster king-size double bedroom with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburner-effect electric fire. Shared utility.
Night storage heaters with electric fire. Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher. Tumble dryer and freezer in shared utility. TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, selection of books and DVDs. Fuel and power inc. in rent. Bed linen and towels inc. in rent. Off road parking for 1 car. Secure bike storage in exterior barn. Private garden with furniture, use of shared gardens and dog exercise field. Two well-behaved dogs welcome. Sorry, no smoking. Shop and pub 2 miles. Note: No children under 12. Note WiFi hotspot on site, due to rural location it cannot be guaranteed. Note: This property is not suitable for those with limited mobility. Note: Dogs must be kept on leads at all times and not left alone in the cottage. Note: The owner accepts dogs only. No other pets are allowed. Note: Due to the property being on a working smallholding, the owner does not accept dogs from overseas. Note: Check-in at this property is after 4pm.
Note: No children under 12.
Note: The owner accepts dogs only. No other pets are allowed.
Note: Due to the property being on a working smallholding, the owner does not accept dogs from overseas.
- “The Best SIX Holiday rentals in North Devon”
- “Darren and Lesley are the most welcoming couple we have ever met in all the many years in cottaging in the West Country,the have six cottages on site all are to the highest specification. The welcome you get from Lesley is fantastic,in which she makes sure you are aquainted with every part of the cottage upon your arrival,nothing is left to chance. The big pluses for your stay at any of the cottages are as follows;- Peace and quiet. At one with a Farm life with Chickens,Lambs & Alpacas. Only six miles to Bude's Sandy Dog Friendly Beach An honesty box for Bacon, meat & eggs shop for the little emergency on site And a good meal can be had at the Bradworthy Arms 2 miles away. Don't forget to take a walk around the Tamar Lakes,or a Bike ride or numerous water sports,that are available.”
- “BEST KEPT SECRET”
- “We have just left Honey Bee Cottage and we feel bereft.We have had such a wonderful time,this is the first holiday we can say we have totally relaxed and enjoyed a holiday.Immaculate and comfy the cottage was idyllic. Lesley and Darren were wonderful and very helpful and full of fun.Our fab place was Widemouth Bay just pass Bude,our dog enjoyed playing in the sea as did we.If you want a wonderful holiday then book now it will be the best decision you will ever make.Bude was very pretty and we also went to Ilfracombe which was nice and felt like you were stepping back in time. There are other cottages on site all different but equally beautiful. As you can see we have had a great time and have booked already for next year..”
- “comfortable and relaxing home from home”
- “spacious cottage with sufficient equipment to be able to self cater or not. on site owners helpful and friendly. tour of the animals a delight. quiet and peaceful location. local village of Bradworthy has a good lady butcher, friendly pub/hotel and a variety of other shops including a helpful vet practice. Bude a little shabby and tired. local beaches clean, good for energetic dogs. just be aware large cobble-like stones to cross first. not good for elderly, arthritic dogs. all in all great holiday.”
- “The most important reason for returning to this property was because of the warm welcome which awaited us from the owners. The cottage is well presented, exceptionally clean and maintained to a high standard. The addition of a gate, making the garden area more dog friendly was an added bonus. Nothing was too much trouble for the owners and the luxury of being able to purchase their own free range eggs, bacon and lamb joints was lovely. We had a most relaxing holiday, being blessed with good weather and company. Can't recommend this property enough.”
- “The cottage was lovely and cosy and the welcome from the owner was very, very nice. I would certainly recommend Honey Bee Cottage.”
- “Our stay in Honey Bee Cottage was most comfortable and enjoyable. The cottage is very clean, well equipped and we slept well in the four poster bed. The owners are so friendly and very welcoming. We enjoyed seeing the animals on the farm especially the sheep and Bobbie the cat. We would strongly recommend this cottage for a most enjoyable holiday. A great base to tour the West Country.”
- “Lovely welcome and a friendly host, always helpful and eager to please or help with anything. A lovely place. Yes I would go back again without fail.”
- “We liked the fact that Honey Bee Cottage was cosy and homely. The owner was very friendly and helpful we would definitely go back.”
- “The cottage was spotless. The owners were lovely and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.”
- “From the minute we arrived, the owners made us feel welcome, they were the perfect hosts. The Cottage's garden was a delight and we were fortunate to have the most glorious weather all week. Ideally situated for visiting both Devon and Cornwall. The exercise field for dogs was immaculately kept and the fact that there was farm produce on sale was a real bonus; beautiful free range eggs, sausages and lamb. We particularly liked the generous size of the kitchen area and the fact that there was a separate small freezer which was handy for keeping ice packs in. We will definitely return, though maybe not until 2015.”
- “We had a fantastic week at Honey Bee Cottage. It was our first holiday as dog owners and it proved to be the perfect cottage. All of us were given a wonderful welcome and the provision of a field specifically for the dog to run around in was a Godsend. This was the perfect peaceful retreat.”
- “Will definitely go again.”
About the location
Bude 10 miles.
With its large village square surrounded by cottages, village shops, garage and pub (renowned locally for its beer and good food), Bradworthy is the perfect example of the typical Devon country village. Off the beaten track and surrounded by the lush green pastures of North Devon, it provides the perfect base for a truly relaxing holiday in an area with several top class visitor attractions. Just 3 miles away the Tamar Lakes provide fishing and an array of water sports for the enthusiast, while south-west is the beach resort of Bude, with its outstanding surfing, rocky coves, golf course and restaurants. Several excellent stretches of the SW Coast Path, the beach at Welcombe Mouth, Hartland Point Quay and Lighthouse and the beautiful cliff-side village of Clovelly and bike riding on the Tarka Trail are some of the attractions that should not be missed in this fascinating area.