- Off road parking
- Ground floor accommodation
- Ground floor bedroom
- Garden / Patio
- Washing machine
Mabe 1 mile.
This cosy, attractive barn conversion is one of a small group in a courtyard setting, on the owner's working farm in a rural location in the hamlet of Mabe, four miles from Falmouth and the Cornish coast.
This Mabe cottage is set all on the ground floor and offers a fabulous holiday home for a group of five, with comfy furniture and a friendly feel.
There is a sitting room opening on to a sunny patio and enclosed garden, a kitchen/diner, one double bedroom with an en-suite shower room, a twin bedroom, a single bedroom and a family bathroom.
This cottage in Mabe makes a perfect base for exploring the nearby coastline with its rocky coves, river inlets and sandy beaches leading down toward Land's End and the Scilly Isles.
Discover hidden gardens, explore the narrow streets of quaint fishing villages, picnic by the riverside, or takea boat trip up the river from Falmouth.
The area is alive with top-quality restaurants and hidden pubs, while Falmouth's National Maritime Museum Cornwall is a great day out!
A peaceful rural Mabe cottage for a relaxing break.
All ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x twin, 1 x single. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room.
- Oil central heating
- Electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Private garden
- Sorry, no pets
- Shop and pub 1 mile.
- Last minute
- “This cottage was ideally placed for Falmouth and Helford Passage. In fact nowhere seemed too far! The location was quiet yet there was a pub within walking distance and a lovely reservoir with a great cafe also nearby! The inside of the cottage was very pleasant and clean. Having a bathroom and a shower room was handy! The only slight criticism was that the outside area (private garden) was in need of TLC. There is a picnic table just outside but the area beyond is untidy and the steps could be dangerous for young children. The washing line either needs replacing or wiping down. Dare I suggest that a couple of colourful pots, some weed killer and a couple of comfortable garden chairs would make all the difference!! It is in a peaceful spot and when the sun shone we would have liked to have sat outside. The deaf ginger cat which sat outside facing the back door was very affectionate once he got to know us. I would definitely recommend the cottage to friends.”
- “The cottage was nicely positioned for us to travel each day up and down the west and east coasts. There were sufficient facilities close by and Falmouth was located only 4 miles away.”
About the location
Falmouth 4 miles; Truro 10 miles.
A small hamlet just 4 miles from the maritime town and harbour of Falmouth. The surrounding countryside offers rolling fields, country lanes and misty, atmospheric creeks that wind their way inland from the sea through deep, wooded valleys. The area is perfect for lovers of breathtaking countryside, for enjoying time in boats and for long country walks. Falmouth, with its magnificent natural harbour (third largest in the world), winding streets and beaches will keep you occupied for hours. Its old harbour-side pubs, excellent shopping, Pendennis Castle and the stunning new National Maritime Museum complete the picture. Across the harbour is the beautiful town of St Mawes, surrounded by the rocky coves, sandy beaches and lush green countryside of the Roseland Peninsula. Go there by car (15 miles) or take the passenger ferry from Falmouth (15 minutes).